A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl!

news-2006-05-11-supersmashbrosbrawl.jpg

Watch the "Super Smash Brothers: Brawl" Movie: http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/index.html

This game is for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube(I think) But I heard there are tons of new characters for Metal Gear, Kirby, Sonic, NIGHTS, even Super Monkey Ball, Mario, and more.

I'll post all the characters later once I get more info.

I heard this game is so awesome. I'm totally getting it.

So, what do you think of the game so far people

-Benniantor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, there are going to be more characters from Mario and Kirby. Cause... ya know... MetaKnight's in there. No third party characters besides Snake have been decided yet. However, I think Mega Man and Sonic are the biggest possibilities, if there even ARE more third party characters.

Some characters will not be coming back in this game. While I wish they'd stay (I never used Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch or Pichu, who I assume will go, but I like having them there just for the sake of having more characters), there will be plenty of new characters. The five new ones probably don't even scratch the surface.

Regarding the new ones, I don't have any fond memories of Kid Icarus as I never played it, so I could care less about Pit. But Meta-Knight I have wanted since the VERY first game. Godamn it took them long enough. Wario in the game makes me happy. He's such a goofy villian, and how dare they mess with him by making a WALUIGI. I don't really see the point in Zero Suit Samus, but she looks neat, so I'll just have to wait to see how she plays. Snake is AWESOME, and I couldn't believe it when I saw him.

From what I hear, there will be between 30-40 characters? I don't have a source for it, so that's probably way off. I love the fact that Nintendogs is an item in the game, so that just makes me wonder what kind of crazy s**t will be added item wise and battlefield wise.

There BETTER be a Wario Ware world. Becuase that would be absolutely insane and ridiculous.

Marth and Roy were so popular people begged Nintendo to bring Fire Emblem here, and they did.

I want the clones in the last game to have moves to set them apart, like Luigi and Mario.

That, and more alternate costumes. Like different Links, maybe an 8-bit mario or something, different Samus suits, etc.

That, and momentum should play a role in this. When I use Link's Down A aerial in SSBM, I really want my downward momentum to have more of an impact on the damage done.

I just hope they will include the Fierce Deity Link (aka Oni Link). If they made Zero Suit Samus as an alternative to Samus, there should be him as an alternative to Link.

Marth and Roy will likely get a revamp on the textures like Link, I don't think they will be taken out.

As for the new characters, the current additions are nice. I just hope they don't go too far and start including too many characters from the same series.

I think these are possibilities of new characters:

-Baby Bowser

-Sonic

-Shadow (It would be like Falco and Fox's similarities)

-Krystal

-Waluigi

-Starwolf (He appears in the intro of SSBM, so maybe... they'll just revamp that model)

I can't think of any others right now...

I don't see why people always point out Mario and Luigi as the most obvious clones, when they are rather justified in reason and easily the most diverse in moves of the clones. Something like Ganondorf = Captain Falcon is something that should really be changed.

Anyway, Swords are great, but I wish they'd bring some Axe or Lance person or some other weapon they don't have on Melee person if they're going to draw any more from Fire Emblem.

Also, there's some list of 200 or so interesting character suggestions from the continuing(?) japanese survey on the Smash Bros. Japanese official site, but I can't make heads or tais of it and it's probably little evidence of the final cut.

There are plenty of popular Fire Emblem characters that use different weapons. For instance, they could add Ephraim from FE: Sacred Stones as a lance character and maybe Bartre/Ross/Boyd for an axe character. There are a ton of Fire Emblem characters...pretty easy to find on that would fit considering there are 9 games =P.

But they're all so obscure, and Roy and Marth were the ones popular during the time. They won't pull any old timers; they'll most likely take from Path of Radience and be done with it.

-Baby Bowser

Actually, that's a given with his current exposure.

Something like Ganondorf = Captain Falcon is something that should really be changed.

If they get rid of Ganondorf I will cry, he's my best character. I suppose I can still use Samus...

I really will buy this game no matter what it turns out to be like, it was the GC's finest game in my opinion and I expect it to be the most popular Wii game for years. Shame it's not arriving at launch.

According to what I've seen translated of Sakurai's comments to various people...

-only a few more third party characters. I've seen 1-3 as a speculated number. Obviously, that places Sonic as almost guaranteed based on a magazine article where Naka said that Sonic in SSBM was close but requested too late in the development phase just as Snake was... apparently.

-Some characters will be removed.

-SSBM will feature an unparalleled amount of mascots.

Whether or not this means that they intend to have an unparalleded amount of characters (which would require beating of MVC2's 55ish by a sizable margin) or just more than in any other company mascot game... which they would just have to beat their own record to do... I don't know.

"We need Ganondorf with his sword"

Ganondorf didn't have a sword when SSBM was released. Ever.

"Gamecube(I think)"

I'm pretty sure thats wrong. I've heard that Sakurai is going to make it compatible with gamecube controllers and not take any advantage of the Wii's motion sensing capabilities though.

I did the survey.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

If Sonic was in, I'd love to seen all seven Chaos Emeralds in there. If not all of them, at least the green Chaos Emerald.

momentum? Is that a...science word or something?

No, no place for it in SSBB. Sorry.

I mean, let's say you toss me up in the air. I'm Link, and I use my downward sword stab. I'm falling, and as I am, I gain speed. That speed should affect how much damage I do and add more to it, whereas if I just hop a little and use the same move, it should do less.

Anywho, of the returning clones, they should be revamped so they're quite different from the originals. Like I said, Mario and Luigi are quite different, even though they share a few similar moves. Marth and Roy should be varied, Ganondorf and Capt. Flacon should be different, etc. And by different, I mean not just different speeds and power and stuff. Different A and B moves. Then make alternate forms of some characters that have the same moves, but just look different. Link has had a bunch of different art designs (aLttP ftw) and Samus has had quite a bit of suits. But those alternate costumes (each with alternate palettes) should the the only real clones in the game.

Get rid of the lame characters. Like Dr. Mario.

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but Samus/Zero Suit are gonna work like Zelda/Shiek.

The less 3rd party characters, the better. However, DO put Marina Lightyears in it. I heard she's got quite a few requests, and she's the coolest heroine ever ^_^

I don't know that Samus and Zero Suit are going to work like Zelda and Sheik. "This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will 'remove' her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!" That sounds like they added new mechanics to her. To me it sounds like every time she uses her super move she changes to the other. Either that or they thougt "You can change freely between them" sounded boring, so they beefed the description up. Very possible.

As for the momentum thing, I've always liked how if you use link's Link 2 in-air Up move, it hits the same even if you're falling down. And by "like" I mean thought "huh?" But SSB is much about simplicity.