A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Rush Advance

Ayling

Tails and Knux aren't playable though. Update will be a bit later. =P

UPDATE!

Monkeyupdate_1.png

Monkey Badnik

This badnik was in Sonic Advance 2 and Neo Sonic Universe. I chose to replicate his actions from NSU instead.

Monkeyupdate_2.png

There he is!

Monkeyupdate_3.png

Hey! As you get a bit closer, he cropuches down! What is he doing?

Monkeyupdate_4.png

He leaps up in the air!

Monkeyupdate_5.png

And you know what will happen if you end up underneath him...

He also faces you but I didn't show it. He appears in Ocean Overlook Zone. I'm considering him throwing stuff, too.

little bump-

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Accelerators

AcceleratorsUpdate_1.png

These were in Sonic Advance 1 and 2.

AcceleratorsUpdate_2.png

It... Speeds you up.

AcceleratorsUpdate_3.png

It shoots you in the air.

AcceleratorsUpdate_4.png

There's sideways ones too!

AcceleratorsUpdate_5.png

And diagonal!

These are staple items in Sonic games, so its' only natural they appear here.

CorkscrewUpdate_1.pngCorkscrews

These first appeared in Sonic 2, and have made GBA appearances.

CorkscrewUpdate_2.png

You roll up it and then...

CorkscrewUpdate_3.png

You go right down!

Be careful; If you aren't going fast enough, you can fall off.

Dami gave you the file with sonic animations to work with the corkscrew;

use it.

nice. Just don't post stuff so quickly...

Zenor- the animations... I'm fixing up for worlds, the method itself is easy. The movement is an adaptation of Dami's example. I posted tomorrow's update early because tomorrow I have stuff to do.

Zenor, I think he's posting his progress at a reasonable rate.

Don't get me wrong, Ayling, it's cool you added dash pannels and whatever those are ring things are, but these are the kind of brawl updates we get that really piss us off. It gives us info abou things we've had in every game to date, and that doesn't need explanation. It's just a filler update. You could just post a couple screens showing them, but you really unnecessarily overexplained things. Give us big explanations for new concepts, not stuff we already know.

Welcome to the forums, Azukara. You've never posted but I've seen your profile because I recognize the avatar. Did you draw it yourself?

Welcome to the forums, Azukara. You've never posted but I've seen your profile because I recognize the avatar. Did you draw it yourself?

Thanks, Rael. Also, no, I didn't draw it. An artist (and a quite funny one, too) named Bakasam did it making fun of Sonic Genesis for the GBA. :D Still, I have very good art skills and someday I will get off my lazy ass and put some up.

Back on topic (talking to you, Ayling), why don't you redesign those air accelerators to where they look like the ones that came off of Sonic Heroes, Sonic Rush or Sonic 2006? (You know, the ones that are thin and colored in a sort of rainbowish way)...

I don't know why, but I just like how those look more than the Advance air accelerators. The Advance ones look bland because of being only one color.

BTW, your idea for this game is almost exactly like one of my old ideas I used to have, where it was a Rush/Advance styled game, and the main characters were also Sonic, Blaze and Shadow. What a coincidence. :)

-Azukara

Update!

HovermechUpdate_1.png

Gimmick- Electrorail

Ah, My first custom gimmick. It is Eggman's invention, designed because he made a machine he could activate by a charge, so he could move it but Sonic couldn't. Unfortunately...

HovermechUpdate_2.png

It's still moving...

HovermechUpdate_3.png

Either way, too.

Yes, Sonic's running can charge the electrorail. It is a freely adapted screw gimmick.

Oh, new jumping and rolling animation too.

You mean the gimmick? They're being worked on, along with the level. The tiles? Of course not.

I'm probably gonna get rid of the pole, and adapt it to move in any direction.

EDIT- What do you guys think of a time Stone appearance? There might be a zone where you go to the past.