A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Rush Advance

Ayling

Oceanoverlook-1-1.png

Here's my latest Video- link.png Sorry, it was my first video, I haven't figured it all the way out yet. :P

About- This uses Damizean's MMF2 Sonic Worlds Engine. It is basically a Sonic game with Advance sprites and blaze, giving it a "Rush"-like feel. I'm the only one working on it now. It has many gimmicks, but I am trying to create an original gimmick

Story-

After Rush Adventure, in Sonic's universe

The Sol Emeralds are Stolen!

Eggman, learned that the Sol Emeralds reacted violently to the Master Emerald, and tried to extract them to his universe using advanced machinery. The link between Blaze and the Sol emeralds dragged her in.

Shadow had been watching, and decided to intervene. He spread the emeralds over the planet, hiding them from Eggman. Blaze ran out of the base, and got lost, finding herself at Sonic & Tails' house in Ocean overlook. Shadow, against his judgement, follows.

Features-

3 playable characters

7 Zones, each with a special stage

Super Sonic/Shadow/Burning Blaze in level

Custom blaze sprites by me & Felik teh Velik (SFGHQ)

More, as I come up with it

Zones-

1- Ocean Overlook-The Zone in the video, your standard Sonic tropical island level

2- ?

3- [ruin]

4- [water level]

5- ?

6- Neo Starlight Zone- Sonic's been here before, but since his last trip, some things have changed.

7- [base]

Characters-

Sonic

Blaze

Shadow

HUD is temporary.

Comments or suggestions?

Also, for opinions- Should I put the "Blast feature" or grinding in?

Strange, I had no issues downloading the video. I could download it from both the provided mirror, and directly from Host-A.

No comment really, level doesn't look that appealing.

I just needed proof. Z1A1 isn't a 30 second level. It has one other path so far. 2 paths for a GHZ-type seemed appropriate. BTW, I took the "easy" path because the hard one wasn't finished. I'll try to have a demo in a few days, hopefully by DEC 1.

The video is 50 seconds long, but has only 25 seconds of footage. And it appears to be playing at double speed. That's hypercam's fault, right? Anyway, the level isn't bad though it is a little dull. Have some different paths, hidden areas in walls, etc in the level. The part where Sonic is standing right at the water level (right before the swinging platform) could have another area to the left, leading either to an underwater route or to an item box, or even a special stage. Also putting walls and ceiling in areas that don't absolutely need them can help make the level seem "fuller". You should add a wall to the left of the spring. I know you just started, but right now your level seems open and empty.

Keep at it, over time you'll see what works and what doesn't work when designing levels.

• Like 1

The video is 50 seconds long, but has only 25 seconds of footage. And it appears to be playing at double speed. That's hypercam's fault, right? Anyway, the level isn't bad though it is a little dull. Have some different paths, hidden areas in walls, etc in the level. The part where Sonic is standing right at the water level (right before the swinging platform) could have another area to the left, leading either to an underwater route or to an item box, or even a special stage. Also putting walls and ceiling in areas that don't absolutely need them can help make the level seem "fuller". You should add a wall to the left of the spring. I know you just started, but right now your level seems open and empty.

Keep at it, over time you'll see what works and what doesn't work when designing levels.

Yeah, it's hypercam and my lack of knowledge about it. =P

Anyway, I got rid of the water, and that was only an "easy" path. See those hangy things at the beginning? They lead to a harder path. I also didn't have all the pretty stuff like trees.

BTW, that was about a third of the level.

Edit- Here's the map. I'll try to do updates each day, but don't count on it.

OOZmap3000pixwide.png

That's the ENTIRE map? God, that's one short level. I can't really comment on the video because the speed was so high that it was hard to really see anything. Also, I don't really see any reason to add Shadow, but whatever. Your game, I guess.

That's the ENTIRE map? God, that's one short level. I can't really comment on the video because the speed was so high that it was hard to really see anything. Also, I don't really see any reason to add Shadow, but whatever. Your game, I guess.

It's 1/3 of the level. Shouldv'e said so.

And yea, Shadow might be a NPC, involved in the story.

I think most people would like that better. It would be best not to have two characters that are exactly alike and then someone completely different. If you are going to add a third character, make it someone with different abilities, such as Tails or Knuckles. Maybe even someone unexpected.

I think most people would like that better. It would be best not to have two characters that are exactly alike and then someone completely different. If you are going to add a third character, make it someone with different abilities, such as Tails or Knuckles. Maybe even someone unexpected.

I'll stick with the classic rush style. I'm too lazy to change my sig though.

To build Brawl-esque suspense-

I have something my update for tomorrow in the works, but I want to wait first. It's 30% done. I got the idea from another game, Neo Sonic Universe. And no, it's not doors.