A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Rush Advance

Ayling

Dw, you can help if you can make better, which you probably can.

Anyways...

Here's a wip demo.

Something SSBB never did...

link.png

I want to know mostly level design tips, and any bugs.

It's about half of the level, if you couldn't tell it was cut short.

• Like 2

Zenor- the animations... I'm fixing up for worlds, the method itself is easy. The movement is an adaptation of Dami's example. I posted tomorrow's update early because tomorrow I have stuff to do.

you could've posted it a day after.

How come you didn't use the one at the beginning for editing.

...What?

---

little things about the demo:

Animation edits were strange..

The monkey's jump is in not smooth.

the rest is nice.

Taking note that Zenor beat me to the punch *Curses!* I decided to take his and animate it for you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=598&stc=1&d=1197071874

In this setup, while the player is running right, the center light will scroll left, the left right will scroll up and the right light will screw down. All of the movements will be reversed when the player is running left.

post-17-138639761089_thumb.png

The music may fit. I would have to hear it in the game before I can make a definite judgment. It's a very nice OCRemix though. (Along with many of DarkeSword's other remixes.)

On the other hand, I think that it is terrible that the people at Sonic Style take the original remixer's name out of the MP3 tag and replace it with their own. Sure they leave the OCRemix url on there, but the remixer's credit is completely gone.

Aylingling, it seems that all of those remixes are from OverClocked Remix. I would recommend that you look there instead of Sonic Style. You will find all of the Sonic remixes from Sonic Style there and probably some more.

Sorry it took me so long to post this.

Those are some fugly cloud colors up in the sky. The darkest color of a cloud should be a lighter shade of the sky surrounding it, and it should get progressively lighter as it goes inward. Your sky is kind of purple, but your cloud colors are a vibrant blue. If you want, I wouldn't mind recoloring it for you.

srascreen1be6.png

What's this thing do? :E

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It's one of the warp things. It's a cool shortcut to the end, but it's not really necessary in this zone I don't think.

For the part where Sonic can go inside before the swinging platform, you should put some holes in the wall to the side like emerald hill did so the player can tell it's not solid. And then you should make a new path or something in it.

Okay, now for the level design altogether... It's hard to comment on it. It's not bad at all, I did enjoy it, but some parts seem kind of funky to play. I think you should try to get the game to flow a little better and use fewer transitions that involve Sonic flying in the air. More gimmicks would be good. I think you should study some more level maps when designing the rest of the stage. I really like how you put in a lot of paths though.

Also, that music doesn't fit. Your level is too slow for such a fast paced song. Like zenor said, it did feel kind of awkward to play an advance game in genesis physics. You should up acceleration and max speed a little bit.

Good job with this, it was better than I expected. I hope you improve on the things I commented on. Rep up.

Speed is okay(Both genesis games and advance use the same values)

The matter is that the old demo didn't... Feel advance. i think it's because the animations didn't play like advanced games... and the camera didn't help either.

I'm going to check the new "beta" now, and will edit this post after i do that.

EDIT: Sonic's head (walking) still have cutted parts :P

when the spring animation plays after a 270° slope, you should've set the anim angle to be 0.

In advanced games, the horizontal camera changes all the time, not only when you're running.

The rest is nice, good job :)