A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Global events

knucis

Sonic and the global events (beta)

Hi, Here I come with another project mine, but this time I bring a beta of it.

Description: This is a 360 engine project where you can play as: Sonic,Knucis and Chaoshadow on diferent acts resolving the problems of the world (Green house effect,Warzones, and other things).

Discurssion topics.

Demo?, not now, remaking the project?: This demo is a unnoficial part of the game, Last week I reinstalled windows and I lost the source code, now I will have to remake it.

New and equal version? no!: The new version of the game will be ramake on other style, levels will be replaced and some textures too, this beta is only a past of the game.

Important notes:

*Because of no time left, Knucis can´t up walls.

*To use Chaoshadow powers just keep pressing the "Shift bottom" and move the arrows.

*Sonic does not have a level.

*Some levels are not ready, thats the reason this is a beta.

*In the game the name of Chaoshadow is wrote Brashadow, It´s because I forgot to change.

img1pz1.jpg

img2qk9.jpg

img3fe3.jpg

Levels:

Some of the levels will be.

1-Ice decrease zone

2-Toxic factory zone

3-Extintion forest zone

4-War condition zone

5-Poor city zone

games note:

Creator: knucis games,Chaoshadow textures

Date started: August 2007

Date of final version: When it´s done, I don´t know the exactly date of final version.

Download:

File size:3936 kb

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/63962857/game.rar.html

More knucis trash/flamebait. Are you ever going to quit? This is just like your last one.

If you are going to make "new" characters, atleast make them original. Knucis = Knuckles with a few changed letters, and is also a crappy recolor. Chaoshadow is just Shadow with "Chaos" added and is still a recolor.

Last but not least, Sonic and the Global Events? Are you kidding me? This is a joke game, right? Coming soon : Sonic Debates National Politics

Are you ever going to quit? This is just like your last one.

Not really, his last one was just Dami's engine with a sprite change. This one actually has something, albeit not a whole lot decent, but yeah.

That aside, I guess I'm gonna be the only one to give a decent review:

*First off, never ever do force fullscreen, seriously, I hate it. I mean it's good that you have the option to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, but you shouldn't start off with fullscreen when you run the game. Quite annoying.

*Title Screen/Main menu is dull, most games have a really snazzy title screen to get the blood flowing, this one just screams boring.

*Ok, characters, I've said this before, but I'll say it again: They are nothing more than recolors. Knucis, if you're gonna make a fancharacter, try and make it different, not just recoloring different parts of the sprite. Or you can just forget about the fancharacter thing all together and just use existing Sonic characters, really wouldn't hurt, and it better than recolors.

*The HUD is boring and messy, it also hides behind tiles, fix that.

*Add a paralax, the whole thing with the background staying in one place is really fake, look at Dami's paralax tutorial or use layers.

*Ring loss is lol. I have 10 rings, but when I'm attacked, over a hundred rings spread all over the place, I'd fix that. xD

*The engine seems watered down, or incomplete, but I see that it's a beta so whatever.

*The levels are linear, boring and straightforward, it's hold right the ENTIRE time, no multiple paths nor gimmicks (Besides those boost rings, I dunno if that even counts.) The design of them are shaky:

Knucis Stage: The mix you got here is messy, infact it's ugly, also, the tiles are poorly made, and left out top layers on the slopes, no good, if you put a top layer for one thing, you'll have to put it on almost everything, including slopes. Also, the sensors are showing, beta or not, I'd make them invisible, pronto. I'd redo that stage, completely.

Black Sonic Stage: That's not a bad mix actually, but some of the tiles don't match, like in that screen shot, that chemical plant tile with that Starlight zone tile? Yeah, I'd fix that.

Brasha...*AHEM* Chaoshadow Stage: You're missing some grass tiles on some of the foreground tiles, again, on slopes. The level mix is meh.

*The game itself had no relevance to its title, if you're suppose to being solving the world's problems, then why am I just holding right to get from point A to point B then? You should set some missions in the stages, or something that would actually look like your doing something to fight global warming and stuff.

Any good things? Well, I like the hovering technique with chaoshadow, with the green shield and whatnot, pretty neat, I'm guessing chaoshadow is the only one with a special ability, given the fact that you've made 3 "fancharacters".

Nothing else? Nope, not really, which means you should go back to the drawing board and try again.

I also think that this isn't even a beta, because you had time to put all this stuff together incompleted or else wise. Knucis, seriously, finish something before you show it off, demo or full version, I've noticed you have a real problem of issuing out stuff when it's not completed. Slow down next time, no need to be in such a hurry.

Also, what's the deal with these fancharacters of yours? Can they DO something? Besides chaoshadow, none of the other guys had any special abilities or anything, boring.

Anyways, there's your review, I hope you wasn't expecting anything good out of this. You'll probably disregard everything I said, but there you go.

Also, stop making multiple fangames if you're not gonna finish the first ones.

*sigh*

Haven't we been through this before, knuckles? Don't even show it if you know it sucks. Are you retarded? You are just going to get complaints.

You know what? Don't remake it. It's considered a dead last resort to cancel ONE fangame, let alone 50 of them. Thank god people were smart enough not to get exited over them.

Don't make another Sonic fangame. The only purpose they have is to ripoff Sonic characters and annoy people. (I know the rest of you out there don't like it for people to talk like this, but come on, It's knucis. >.>) And you won't finish it anyway. Don't argue with me on this, it's inevitable.

This has the potential to be as amazing as Sonic Bible Adventure.

I don't know what all the flaming is about, I have to give him props for taking such a zany approach for his game. Definitely is more original than creating a "sequel" to Sonic 3 or making X generic 2D sonic clone.

I don't know what all the flaming is about, I have to give him props for taking such a zany approach for his game. Definitely is more original than creating a "sequel" to Sonic 3 or making X generic 2D sonic clone.

Originality is fine and good and all, but give me a quality clone over a poor original title any day of the week.

Spike:

I'm seriously thinking about making Sonic Debates National Politics

Starring Chaotails, Sanic, and Knules.

Knules... ...I really laughed a lot. Rep up.

I think I saw ChaoTails somewhere...

Shadix:

I downloaded all the fangames in the Hall of mis-fame section last week. And SBA was the worst. Or maybe Sonic's Mega Quest.

But this game has something good, fighting for the environment is nice, but there are many things that must be fixed, check TRD's post.

The recolors are also too common, I would just use the original characters for this game. Or editing them more, starting with the names.

With some good effort, this game will be good. Good luck, Knucis.

Sonic and the global events

1-Ice decrease zone

2-Toxic factory zone

3-Extintion forest zone

4-War condition zone

5-Poor city zone

I smell an Emo

Ouch that hurt

And i dont agree with all the flaming, at least hes working on something, you bastard hypocrites.

Serephim:

Ouch that hurt

Definitely. But SBA is plain trash. It couldn't even be called a game, but Knucis' project is a game.

Serephim:

And i dont agree with all the flaming, at least hes working on something

That's true. Knucis' game has potential. Even though I would like to see the final version of Knucis Adventure (I think that was the name)...

I know Knucis since I was in a forum that died a while ago, and his projects looked pretty good, even if they were far from complete.

And once again, good luck Knucis.

That's true. Knucis' game has potential. Even though I would like to see the final version of Knucis Adventure (I think that was the name)...

I know Knucis since I was in a forum that died a while ago, and his projects looked pretty good, even if they were far from complete.

And once again, good luck Knucis.

Indeed, I don't call him as "noob", but he needs quickly improve his self-steem and finish his current projects. Only this...