A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic sprite

dsguru

I was thinking about making a sonic game with the sonic worlds project/engine using original graphics.

So i made this little fella:

sonikku.gif

Heavily inspired by Ahruon and his sonic card sprite.

The head has been bugging me, there's something wrong i can't put my finger on. And the palette isn't final (cause i kinda stole it of Ahruons' sonic)

What do you guys think?

Hmm.. i think i fixed the head now. Anyhow i basicly finished the walking animation just now, looks awesome ingame imo. :o

sonicrunheadanim.gif

Some pixels are still a bit shaky but those can easily be fixed. Also the belly is still a bit static. edit: more like wobbly D:>

niceness! I love how everyone is starting to make their own sprites now. The shading on his head looks a little funky in motion though, like its a part of his head rather than the lighting.

You're right, i didn't see that until you said it. xD

I'll keep the lighting in place in the next version. (ill also fix his wobbly eye, top quill and belly)

Also his right eye will be more wider when he turns to the camera.

>.< animating is hard.

Hmm.. i think i fixed the head now. Anyhow i basicly finished the walking animation just now, looks awesome ingame imo. :o

[qimg]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/donguru/sonicrunheadanim.gif[/qimg]

Some pixels are still a bit shaky but those can easily be fixed. Also the belly is still a bit static. edit: more like wobbly D:>

I like the animation, but the head bothers me a bit. I think it's because the head moves and the body doesn't; he's basically shaking his head while his body remains perfectly still. I'd either keep the head still, or make the body turn with the head. After that, it's just fixing the third spike (the other two move, the third stays perfectly still)

EDIT: Opps, didn't see you were aware of the body thing. My bad, mate.

As for the standing post, I like it. The third spike needs to be a wee bit bigger, and I think the legs need to be touched up a bit (the fron one is fully bent, like he's stepping on a rock or something.)

Aside from those nitpickings, I think it's really well shaded and animated. Good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno, spike. I like the colour scheme a lot. Reminds me of this old game on the genesis set on different planets, used a lot of offset purple colours as shading - was proper beautiful but can't remember the name.