A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, how 'bout them Pocket Monsters

Spike

Jesus. I've got a pretty varied team, but the furthest I got was the 4th trainer's second Pokemon. I just ran out of revives, and all of my good moves had little to no PP left (and you can't BUY eithers)

What was your team, mate?

Right before I fight the elite 4 in any pokemon, I blow all my cash on healing items.

But you pretty much have to know exactly what type advantages you are going to have on each trainer.

My final team was a 45 Floatzel, a 48 Dialga, 47 Lucario, 48 Staraptor, 48 monferno, and 48 alakazam.

The most useful were my Staraptor, Dialga, and monferno.

Just remember, just about every pokemon the last 2 trainers bring out have fucking earthquake...which is a disgusting move...

huh...

I didn't level up my staraptor that much. I think it's at 41.

I'll admit...Mew is in my party...Lame, I know, but I just to want to do grinding forever. I'm really underleveled. Maybe I'll switch someone out for Staraptor and grind him.

Oh, and fuck Heracross, that jerk.

Im amazed they let you trade in a mew when you dont get the national dex until after the elite 4.

Btw....the league champ has a 66 garchomp...ground dragon...GOOD FUCKING LORD.

Garchomp is changing the metagame single-handedly, just like Tyranitar did during the Gold/Silver and Advance eras. Meanwhile, Rhyperior is borderline'ing on Uber, given it will take more than one pokemon just to take it out. Scary times ahead for competitive Pokemon.

Im amazed they let you trade in a mew when you dont get the national dex until after the elite 4.

Btw....the league champ has a 66 garchomp...ground dragon...GOOD FUCKING LORD.

Well in THAT case, I'm fucked. I saved right before Flint, and I have 4 revives and 10+ H Potions. No ethers, cause the game's friggen stupid.

I needs to find some way to make a LOT of money, and grind a lot. Maybe I'll grind that lv 1 Chimchar I got and squeeze him in somewhere.

Not to mention Bebe gives you an Eeevee (lol)

When does she give you an Eevee?

At any rate, I think I'm under leveled considering where I am in the game. I just beat the last gym and all my Pokemon are between levels 38 and 36 with the exception of Dialgia, it's level 47.

after you get the national dex, supposedly.

Yea, you're gonna want to grind. I've been going at it in Victory Road the past two days. My party right now is looking like this:

lv 42 Infernape

lv 53 Mew

lv 48 Empoleon

lv 43 Darkrai (to kick the 4th dude's ass)

lv 54 Dialga

lv 51 Pachirisu

after you get the national dex, supposedly.

Yea, you're gonna want to grind. I've been going at it in Victory Road the past two days. My party right now is looking like this:

lv 42 Infernape

lv 53 Mew

lv 48 Empoleon

lv 43 Darkrai (to kick the 4th dude's ass)

lv 54 Dialga

lv 51 Pachirisu

Once again, how did the game let you import a mew and a darkrai without the national dex??

I believe that if you trade with someone over WiFi, you don't need the National Dex even if they give you something outside the Sinnoh Dex. There's no limitation like there was in FR/LG; the Pokemon just won't show up in the Dex yet.

I've been going at the game slow, but my team's around level 40 and I just beat Candice. I'll probably go grinding like crazy (level 66 Garchomp? scary!) after I finish EV training my Monferno and Staravia.

Eh, Pokerus is still up for grabs. Catch me later on AIM when I'm not away if you want to get your dudes and dudettes and whatnot sick. ;D

1) Find a friend with the Pokeymahn

2) Exchange codes

3) Trade Pokeymahns

4) ????

5) PROFIT!

It won't register in the dex until AFTER you get the national dex. I'm two short from seeing them all. Also, Mew and Darkrai are legit. Arceus isn't, though I took him out cause he's a bitch to lv up.

I got to the final battle, but shit, her fucking Pokemon are so annoying. Hi, I'm Lucario, and I know EVERYTHING EXCEPT FIGHTING MOVES.

I grinded some more, and my party as of now is

Lv27 Riolu (trying to evolve him)

lv 49 Infernape

lv 45 Darkrai

lv 50 Empoleon

lv 55 Dialga

lv 56 Mew

EDIT: I beat the bitch. I used Pachirisu instead of Riolu, whch was smart, because I needed him for the final Pokemon. But then he died, so I went to finish it with Dialga's final Roar of Time, but it MISSED. I got lucky and finished it off before the trainer, or it's status affect, could head it completely. I've also seen all 150 Pokeymans, too.

You mean effort values?

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=14254

Edit: Basically, as I read it, effort values are internal values attatched to each stat that effects how much better it is than the default. Each each stat has a max number and pokemon has a max number of effort values, so you can decide which stats your pokemon get up. Defeating pokemon and using proteins, etc (up to a certain level) give up EV in certain stats. If you have the macho brace or Pokerus, EV goes up quicker.

Edit 2: There are EV point charts at GameFAQs to figure out which pokemon you should fight for what stats.

Effort Values (EVs) are hidden point stocks that adjust your pokemon's stats at each level up. A pokemon can have up to 255 evs in any one stat, 510 total. Every 4 evs is a bonus stat, so 252 EVs are, literally, +63 points.

There are many ways to get EVs. Defeating any pokemon gives you EVs based on their best base stat and their evolution stage (use Serebii to look them up). Using any of the "drug" items (Protein, Iron, Zinc, etc.) raises a pokemon's EVs by 10 each associated stat, but only when that stat has less than 100 EVs. Pokerus, the Macho Brace (R/S/E), and other other "half speed" items (D/P) double the EVs a pokemon accumulates through battle. There are even certain berries that allow you to reduce a pokemon's EVs.

Because they're invisible, however, you'll have to keep track of them yourself from the moment you get your pokemon and start training with it. "Ev training" is simply the process of training your pokemon to build specific stats via effort values. If you want to make your pokemon the best it can be at what it does, then this is the main way to do it. Always recommended after beating the Elite Four, but for the impatient like myself, you can do it at any time with the right preparation.

EDIT: Until you hit the 510 EV limit, your pokemon can still gain EVs even if he's hit level 100 (The stats will change by themselves - you just won't have level ups to confirm it). Also, Rare Candies ignore EVs, so if you need your pokemon at a certain level, you can raise it with Rare Candies without affecting their stock, although it isn't a good idea if you need those stats before they hit those levels.

2620 9080 6087

is my friend code, but if you are not going to play legit with me, then don't bother adding me. Also: I bought Ranger and actually have a Manaphy but I won't use it if you don't want me to.

I forget, does having the Pokerus double the EV earned of the pokemon only for the 24 hours while they have it or simply if they've ever had it? Either way, it's a damn good deal (cause you can just put it in the box when not playing).