A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, how 'bout them Pocket Monsters

Spike

Seriously, what is it? I was on some other forum, and there was a post about this game, and the posts went like this:

"So I went to pick this game up today, what do you think?"

"I guess I'm getting mine tommorow"

"So I heard you like mudkips?"

"It looks cool, I'll pick it up some other time."

"so i heard u like mudkips"

"I don't know, looks a little stupid this time"

"So, I heard you like mudkips"

It's annoying as hell. What started it all?

4chan, a story about a freaky kid humping a mudkip doll at school, no more needs to be said.

Ugh, I absolutely hate that "Let me show you my Pokemans" cat pic because the cartridge isn't a Pokemon cartridge. I don't know why but it like.. really irks me.

As does the fact that this game is still the same old, same old only now I can catch all 400 pokemon that they probably should've allowed me to catch last time? Oh and there are polygons. ::shrug::

As does the fact that this game is still the same old, same old only now I can catch all 400 pokemon that they probably should've allowed me to catch last time? Oh and there are polygons. ::shrug::

Almost all games require you to collect polygons in some way, shape or form...

That Purugly sucked ass. Had to level up to like 20 because I didn't evolve Chimchar yet, and after that it became too easy. Bah...

Just got the Exploration Kit in Eterna City, so that's what I was doing for the past like...half an hour. Digging for stuff is fun. Found a few fossils and stones, so if anyone wants a Shieldon, tell me.

And on that note, here is my FC: 4381 8449 5077

Man, by the time I get the game, you'll already have beaten everything.

Seriously...I get my copy on Wednesday...I should have just not been lazy and bought it at the store instead of ordering it online...I'll play the rom in the mean time I suppose...

Yea, getting from Gym to gym is definately a bitch this time around.

I've got lv20-25 Pokemon, with a good variety:

Gastly, going on Haunter

Prinplup

Ponyta

Pachirisu

Buneary (wtf, it's not happy enough to evolve YET?!)

Starravia

Mostly I'm just building a team that's strong against the guys on my floor. Once one of them got a Kadabra, I snagged a high level Gastly.

Mostly I'm just building a team that's strong against the guys on my floor. Once one of them got a Kadabra, I snagged a high level Gastly.

Too bad that's a horrible idea, as ghastly is also poison type....making it weak to psychic attacks.

Right now I got the 2nd evolution of starly, Monferno, Alakazam, Buizel, and the 2nd evolution of shinx.

There are a ton of ugly new pokemon >.>

lol Budoof

Gastly just evolved. Haunter kicks ass. It'll suckerpunch any psychic I see.

Staravia's a beast. It's beating the crap out of the 3rd gym :3

I wish I would find MORE Pokemon, though. I mean, fucking Budoof is EVERYWHERE. It's like each new area adds one, maybe two new Pokemon. I'm just waiting to see some of the other, ya know, 498...

lI wish I would find MORE Pokemon, though. I mean, fucking Budoof is EVERYWHERE. It's like each new area adds one, maybe two new Pokemon. I'm just waiting to see some of the other, ya know, 498...

Apparently you can grab pretty much every pokemon except for the legendaries in these games.

But yea bidoof is ugly as hell..and so is his fatty fat evolution...

Plus he sucks :E

Also, how would you get the Gold and Silver starters?

They can't be found in the wild...so, either trading or a Gameshark (if they're even out for the DS yet...). Same thing goes for the Red and Blue starters.

There's actually a bunch of Pokemon that can't be found in the wild...Eevee and Mankey among them :(.

They can't be found in the wild...

Yes, they can. At least, some of them anyways. And the ones you can't get usually can be found on either FR/LG or Collisium Single-Player. (mostly the later)

Huge money scam. That's why I don't care about getting every damn pokemon unless it's within my convenience. All I care about are competitive player battles.

So in other words that everything but the legendaries stuff is bullshit.

Real standard.

Actually, I like a lot of the 4th gen ones. 3rd gen sucks, but Pachirisu is so badass.

Basically, for someone who has only played R/B/Y, Stadium, and LeafGreen, it's neet to see how it's evolved (ahahaha T_T) over the years.

At least there is trading online, so it should'nt be as much of a problem as it was for the other games. I'm enjoying it so far, but graphics wise, it looks like a GBA game. Of course, the GBA ones looks like GBC, but anyways. The 3D effects are allright, but the DS is capable of so much more. I don't mind having sprites in battle, but they could have made the monsters and enviorments more detailed and animated. Oh well, once again, we have online play to look forward to.