A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic & Knuckles Alpha

BlazeHedgehog

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimension:

i need good gimmick ideas ! :)

...gimmicks and pathing...

every stage will have its own gimmicks ^^

pathing: the videoact is the first act in the game...then...higher level - more to explore :)

ok...*breathing in*

shadow is a locked character...u can play with shadow if u finish the game with sonic & tails, sonic, tails or knuckles with all emeralds.

shadow can activate super-mode without playing the seven "3D" stages... :rolleyes:

there will be 12 zones with their own settings...very special ones. :) every act with a boss and his own badniks and stage gimmicks. special "moments"

10x2 acts

2x1 act

...theyre already named and planned.

the story is a angel island sequel after playing -sonic 3 & knuckles- with the master emerald at the "right" end

the game has joypad-support

sound is genesis-like with midi-music and a lot of wave sound-effects.

midi because there is no genesis-music-synth-plugin out there :)

i want to keep original feeling and small file size...

at least some media:

treetophh7.th.jpg

there will be no demo...sry

...a lotta work to do.

So wait...nobody's going to bitch about originality? At all? After all the sh*t that was given to me? Odd...

I never watched the video all the way through...I just skipped around, so I'm going to go watch it again.

I did darling, well I said the boss was cheap.

That being, still looks great just, I'm not keen on shadow, but afterall that's just an added extra, can't really complain about it, game wouldn't be better without it.

This looks great. Atleast, it did until I saw Shadow.

SFGHQ.Sheep #0128

I love how 1/4th of SFGHQ thinks Shadow is a ____ character and has no potential. I also love when they butt into a topic and say that because the character is in a game it must be subpar.

I guess if shadow wasnt in SA2, it wouldve ____ing awesome, along with rouge, and eggman, because having something similar is ALWAYS BAD LOL! OMGWTF.

( stop it, the shadow ____ needs to go )

Its true. Shadow would undoubtedly have an advantage doing time attacks what with his ultimate lightning shield style double jump from hell with added wall kicks.

But really though, if he likes Shadow and puts him in as an unlockable thats all there is to it. I mean, Shadow is voted the second most favorable Sonic character in some poll according to Wikipedia.

stop it, the shadow ____ needs to go

You do realize that time attack can be rigged so that you CANNOT use shadow or he might have his own path or something along those lines?

Apparently the option for people to change their games is impossible in a game you all havent even played yet. Ever heard of " Gameplay footage may change when product is released " or something of that line?

• 2 weeks later...

Adding so many characters will probably cause a few headaches if you're looking to get your level design spot on.

Although i guess if you're basing this on Sonic and knuckles you can get some ideas from the real game's level design.

During the first few minutes of the video i though this was the best thing i had ever seen. But i'm not too keen on using too much edited graphics. You've probably got away with it though by using them so well (i love the beach background and the new pallette)

I thought this was made with mmf2 since it has the rotation, sadly using sprite based rotation in mmf.1.5 means your filesize will be about 700k more than it needs to be just for sonics extra frames. Nevermind eh?

Good luck, this has given me a little inspiration because my 1st zone is probably going to be a beach based level (only without ripped graphics, lol :))

Like 700K matters with cable modems and such anymore. People are taking advantage of the new high speed age by making their games without holding back. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the feeling of "Man, this would be so cool. But filesize, damn.".