A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic & Knuckles Alpha

BlazeHedgehog

I figure this might go in GD, but this is a forum for fangame discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLRqXhJe-w

For starters: It's not mine. I don't know who's it is, where it came from, or anything, but I know that whoever is making it doesn't go to this forum - at least, not as far as a quick search went.

So yeah! Looks great. Outside of some wonky enemy AI (Hammerclaw or whatever it's called in particular), it looks closer to the real thing than most fangames that come out of here. I especially like the level design, which has the same level of polish, detail and general layout you'd expect from a real Genesis Sonic. Looks so real, it was easy to mistake it for a ROM hack at first, and I'm sure you'll agree - but the farther the video goes, the more obvious it becomes this isn't a hack.

Anybody else have any details on this? Google fails to help me, too. As you can see, I left a message on the video itself asking about where he got it.

Edit: Oh! He responded to me. Hm. Doesn't say much, but it seems the guy who posted the video is the one who's making it, at least.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters gentlemen, it is fully obvious that he knows about us because he is using our site's content. Of course, thats not a problem.

Blaze, the reason it looks like something professional is because it IS in fact something professional. 90% of the segments mirror Sonic 3's segments exactly and it is simply hard to tell because it is a background. From the looks of things, the project is trying to look like a plausible alpha version of Sonic 3 and Knuckles (or just Sonic 3, I could be wrong)

I also should add that if this level is in any way a finished project, then it sadly lacks stage-specific gimmicks. Thats something that will never float with me. You can't have Sonic without stage specific gimmicks.

Eh, why are we all yelling about if he's gonna be a good member or not? All we've seen is a single video and some words from him. If he wants to join, good for him. If he doesn't, no biggie, right? Internet, serious business.

This "Alpha" looks awesome. I love how he used the little seen beach background at the beginning of Sonic 3 as the background of Palm Coast. The level on a whole looks pretty convincing actually, but it's a video so I might be assuming too early.

Shadow is a weird inclusion, but eh, no problemo. His double jump ability looks ridiculously broken though, and his Super form should flyfloat [/critprick]. Still, the game does look very good, but I can't say much about that since it's existing Genesis stuff.

ooooh scary plug. so owned. It's good, yea. It's not the ONLY good game. There are many others. Start praising its fangaming beauty and guess that, standards get risen again. So you guys just remember that other great fangames DO exist.