A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

cool dude, would be better if you make a option to change the original graphics to advance graphics. Or a separate version ;)

:P Nothx. Too much work, plus I like the old sprites, personally.

Cool pic.But why is there sonic 1,2 and 3 styled animals in it?

Because I hadn't changed them yet.. and they were all Sonic 1 animals, actually. But, anyway, new pic..

s1ee_intro_fin.gif

No longer a mockup.

He may not have much spare VRAM

I have tons, actually.

The reason I'm not adding a pattern for waves/ripples is because the original in Sonic Advance 3 didn't. It's meant to match up. The scene lasts around a whole 15-20 seconds, so it doesn't matter too much. Also, the shadow in the water under the island will be rippling soon enough, so that's one thing.

Pretty good! I loved the intro.

Hapi-San, that Amy Chao says the same sentence every time, or is it random? If so, how do you get the random seed, if no input data has been gathered yet?

Unfortunately, it isn't random, rather it is sequential. It'll do a set of phrases in order. However, due to SRAM support, it stores the number that the message is on so it can be accessed later and continued on, so to speak. There are 10 messages in there right now.

Beware it's in Teh Japanese.

"Dark Sonic"

[qimg]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9194/logozn0.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8063/logo1nr2.png[/qimg]

Don't pay attention to the Japanese title. I'm just wish to know what you think about the style.

It's alright.

I'm not going to give you a verbal pounding because it's in Japanese (Because I do speak quite a bit of Japanese for my exchange thing next year) but I'm sure someone will, so prepare for that.

Tikal & Chaos was missing something

[qimg]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/SkyLights1/emblem.gif[/qimg]

(it's a little too wide but oh well)

This is perfect! I loved the details around the big ring and their shading!

I need a opinion from you guys, which rain effect looks better between these below?

brazsonic218302.pngbrazsonic211808.png

I solved to change resolution of the game, to enhance the character's visibility in action. Don't notice the rain on a blue sky, I'm just testing this effect (that I made from Green Hill's waterfalls =p)

The second looks more like rain, but both seem to be in need of improvement. A waterfall is very different from rain. Only small bits of water come down while it's raining, while a waterfall is a sheet of water. I'd recommend doing two different foregrounds with very thin rain drops on them. Have one move down at one speed, while the other moves down at a slightly slower speed.