A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

I'm not too sure about the bright shoe and the portal-thing. Props to you for making so much monitors and stuff. Adds more fun to the game.

Dobermann: Focus on making the game first. I have yet to see anything other then the same freaking level for months.

Odd, I didn't even notice that. But yeah, now that he pointed that out, atleast turn them back into Sonic 3 boxes. They are the same shape after all, and would look better.

No need to, he can alter the shape of the monitors as is and not necessarily have to have something from S3 out of force.

Dobermann: Focus on making the game first. I have yet to see anything other then the same freaking level for months.

Man! I need a level editor if i want to put level in my 3d engine! You can't make good 3D level with mmf, you need to program all your tools!

Once the level editor will be finished i wiil be able to make all the levels i want:p

SFGHQ Zone

sfghqzon.png

I'm not sure whether it will end up being a full zone or a boss arena for the culmination of a certain chapter of Sonic's Vacation...

Doesn't look very good? Blame SFGHQ's history!!

This is an alternative... More Oldschool SFGHQ... Actually, I'm probably going to have the parallax layers animate between them every so often... maybe if you press a switch in the level...

sfghqzone.png

Hmm... This stage looks like it will be quite bland... I have a few ideas... One of them is the standard "OMG ADVERTIZE YOUR FANGAMZE HERE!!" Retro SFGHQ style...

And maybe a psychadellic animated parallax

Unfortuantly I don't have any decent screens of Relics of the Echidna... It will probably be my first 'serious toned' fangame since Velocity... even then that was... meh...

Let's just say, I chose SFGHQ Zone over Cheese and Moonpie Mountain for the climax zone of the game...

Though if I can find a good place, or if begged, I'll still do CAMP Mountain zone...

+1 Rep if you can figure out one of the zone objectives/bosses

Wow, that could be the most dull thing ever. If you don't count the leaves, there is absolutely no detail on the level. Except palmtrees.

..WTF? Palm trees? In a forest? Growing out of other trees?

Your a real sucker for constructive critism, arentcha.

Marik: Try to adapt things to the level, from other background sets. As an example, a few things from Angel Island can be used, as far as grass, or surfaces goes. Or attempt to get more of the wood zone sprites and use them, just to give the level a little more feel.

(if you use tiles from other sets, change the pallet to keep everything .."the same")

Ah, that was nice.

You did well. I did notice a few things, of what just looked like animation errors, and I think a stray bullet from a guard bot.

Otherwise, it was impressive.