A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

The lights will of course, be transparent ingame.
Slingerland Huepow: Are those purple things lasers or lights? You should give them transparency either way. Otherwise, pretty tight.

Yay for reading X3, yes those are the lights, they will be transparent in-game.

TRD's been doing some renovations with pointblank highway, mock-up time:

Before:

[qimg]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3581/mockoriginalpq3.png[/qimg]

After:

[qimg]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4083/higherblackpalletejb0.png[/qimg]

^_^.

change the color of the buildings in the background to their original colors.

good job btw.

@Aki-at: Yeah for some strange reason, it won't load too, but the original is the last edit I did to it, with the gray foreground, thanks though.

@Rael: I did, here's the original darker foreground:

blackpalletehx3.png

I could make it more lighter, but it's starts to turn gray at some point.

Rougeyoshi: Thank you, I'll get right on that.

The fact is not to lighten it, its to have more contrast. For me it looks much better the dark one, colours are better defined, just too dark. light one looks out of place. Sunset has a lot of shadows. Remember that. So make shadow colours sooooo dark and then lighten a bit middle colours and some more the lighter ones.

I jsut turned the resolution of my game sonic xtreme remix into 640*480 abd i changed is name, now it's Sonic Xtreme Remixed (whoo it's an enormous change! 2 more letters!! whooot! XD)

Now the pictures:

sxrtitlere3.png

^Title screen

sxrmenubm1.png

^Menu (i'm working on)

sxringamejs5.png

^Ingame

;)

The fact is not to lighten it, its to have more contrast. For me it looks much better the dark one, colours are better defined, just too dark. light one looks out of place. Sunset has a lot of shadows. Remember that. So make shadow colours sooooo dark and then lighten a bit middle colours and some more the lighter ones.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the darker one, cuz I love it, I'm gonna change the building colors to it's former self as Rogueyoshi pointed out, and redarken the foreground colors, just not too much that it's too dark to see.

It's alittle difficult to find out what's right, because everyone has different opinions.

But why can't you show other levels? If you keep showing that one, chances are the guys around here will think you haven't actually progressed with the actual gameplay at all.

Because for some reason, gameplay and level design aren't the same thing...

Um, I take it you didn't make any improvements on the engine, no?

Like the sloping and the 2 pixels of sonic not touching the ground.

You should really work on those.

Also, I can't really see that boss because he's in front of a tile, could you get a better/more shots?

Other than that, Good luck.