A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

The level system is just stages, no acts. There's at least 10 stages in the game, but the best part of this is....you can choose any stage in any order. (Megaman rip-off). After you beat the stage, you'll go straight into a boss battle, and you can even replay the stages.

The level system is just stages, no acts. There's at least 10 stages in game, but the best part of this is....you can choose any stage in any order. (Megaman rip-off). After you beat the stage, you'll go straight into a boss battle, and you can even replay the stages.

Oh riiiiight

I was just going to comment that it would be slightly odd to have it as a first level if you went with a much more linear design, but thats only because Sonic games always start somewhere bright, which is why it would look so odd I suppose.

Also make sure bosses are replayable, something I hated about Megaman (or maybe it was just Megaman & Bass that allowed replays in levels?) games was that the bosses were never resurrected.

Oh, yeah that's gonna be the very first level, I kinda wanted to take a more different path instead of going with a forest stage or grassy stage and stuff like that, however there is going to be forest stage just to keep the sonic spirit alive. Once you beat that level, you will go straight to the level select map and from there, you can choose your stages.

Also make sure bosses are replayable, something I hated about Megaman

......Well....I guess so, I really wanted the bosses to be dead once defeated, but I'll see what I can do.

Oh, yeah that's gonna be the very first level, I kinda wanted to take a more different path instead of going with a forest stage or grassy stage and stuff like that, however there is going to be forest stage just to keep the sonic spirit alive. Once you beat that level, you will go straight to the level select map and from there, you can choose your stages.

Nah you can, I'm just stating its odd because its rarely done in SEGA created Sonic games and that many fangamers never opt for a dark setting for the first level, course you can go ahead and do it! I was just noting how...odd it is XD

......Well....I guess so, I really wanted the bosses to be dead once defeated, but I'll see what I can do.

Or you can make boss attack a secret unlockable and everyone's happy!

Pity there's nothing you can tape to keep someone from typing up something on the internet. Even if you taped them up into a giant ball of masking tape, they'd find a way.

Anyway, looks awesome. This entire topic is awesome, if a bit overwhelming.

TRD: Eh.. I don't really like it. Grey just seems so.. generic. The other one had "character" or something. =/

Oh god.....I was afraid of this. =P

I also (Sorry midi) thought that the original was better when I actually replaced the tiles, however I'm keeping it that way, 1) Midi did the recolors for me and I wouldn't want to let it go to waste and 2) I really don't feel like replacing them again.