A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kingdom Valley 2D, Act 2

BlazeHedgehog

You'll remember sometime ago I did a tiny, short, one-level version of Kingdom Valley, Sonic Advance Style. My biggest gripe was that the level was so short.

With Sonic 2k6 coming up and the demo hitting XBL, I went back to it. Stuff that's new:

- Another coat of polish given to Act 1!

- Brand-new Act 2!

- Crates!

- Mission Mode! (20 Missions in all, 10 per act)

- Proper Kingdom Valley music!

- Various bug fixes!

So yeah. Have fun. It's 11mb. (about 2mb larger than the original release)

http://blazemp3.sepwich.com/VERYTEMP/sonic2k62d.zip

No, I'm NOT going to do the whole game. That is an insane amount of work, despite the fact I'd probably do a better job than Sega would.

Incase you forgot, here are some screenshots:

titlescreen.jpg

ingame.jpg

missionmode.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No, I'm NOT going to do the whole game. That is an insane amount of work, despite the fact I'd probably do a better job than Sega would."

Because doing a 2D game in a click-and-create program is just the same as doing one using an actual programming language. 'Kay. Hang on a second, while I boot up TGF. I'm going to make me a Halo fangame and then Bungie will hire me.

Don't get me wrong, you do a great job. But honestly.. no. Thinking that way is just insanely stupid.

Its a very nicely done game, but having played the actual in game level of Kingdom Valley, it really doesn't feel like a 2D renderation of the level or game. Since those "water" grinding sections are not there, enemies with large health bars (or this that appeared in game but I dont blame you for not making them for a game thats just one level) and there wasn't those eagle rides scattered about the level and the first part isn't how Kingdom Valley starts it could easily be called any other level and I wouldn't have thought it was inspired by that level.

Although great job on it, the extra missions are keeping me busy thus far =P

"No, I'm NOT going to do the whole game. That is an insane amount of work, despite the fact I'd probably do a better job than Sega would."

Because doing a 2D game in a click-and-create program is just the same as doing one using an actual programming language. 'Kay. Hang on a second, while I boot up TGF. I'm going to make me a Halo fangame and then Bungie will hire me.

Don't get me wrong, you do a great job. But honestly.. no. Thinking that way is just insanely stupid.

Don't get Blaze wrong, I'm sure he isn't being serious.

On the other hand, everything I've seen in Sonic Next so far seems like its stolen directly from my thoughts :/ Except the plot. But I mean gameplay premises and crap.

I agree. Doing better than SEGA has become so easy lately that bragging about it makes you look like a n00b.

=Smidge=

BlazeHedgehog, you wanna say, what woking on the "SoNIc NG Fangame" continous ? That's Cool, yeah :)

I like this game, but i dont thing, what advance style is best for NG game...

What the hell did you say? The advance sprites are fine.

This is a really cool adaption, Blaze. Nice work. My two omplaints are when I run up a wall, Sonic doesn't fly up enough to get me on the ground and the spindash is pretty weak (but its animation is amazing).

Tried it out. Too fast for my liking, can't really enjoy the stage. I noticed a lot of different routes though, good job with that. A suggestion would be to put in some interactive objects. It's a lot of hold right and tap jump. You did not do better than Sonic Team.