A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Wow Asuma, that's really impressive. I'd love to play this.

But why are making a Megaman X game using 8-bit graphics?

Edit: Oh wait. Boss is a character from Megaman zero (don't remember name) Is it a ZX fangame or what?

Wow Asuma, that's really impressive. I'd love to play this.

But why are making a Megaman X game using 8-bit graphics?

Edit: Oh wait. Boss is a character from Megaman zero (don't remember name) Is it a ZX fangame or what?

What I plan on doing is something like a battle royale-castle bit made up by Wily. The general story is that wily transported heroes from the Megaman X, Megaman Zero, etc and brainwashed/tricked them into fighting. It's basically a tower battle royale thing.

Lark: The guy, who asked about helped with that. He basically showed me thagt Megaman X/Megaman series uses Sector scrolling.

Although I'm using the basic static engine as a based. I'd use Nitemare's Pixel engine, but I had issues getting anti gravity to work with his. I just need a find a way to detect hi-speed collision should I have a boss toss megaman at high speeds and also to prevent him wrapping through the ground.

Chaos Rush, I really dig the background!

And that engine looks incredible Azu, it's perfect. The boss battle and custom weapons are done really well too. I can't wait to see more from this project.

Here's something I did a while ago that I dug for in my photobucket.

shootingstarconcept1.pngshootingstarconcept2.png

Shooting star. It was made for my own project, back when I was using the ice background for it. It was part of some story element, but I don't know if I could find any use for the idea anymore in Emerald Ties. Still, it looks pretty.

Lol, MCKaosu... you're using the corkscrew recolor from my ice level. BUT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THIEVERY IS OKAY ACCORDING TO NIEVES

I actually don't care, it just doesn't fit at all with the color scheme of your level. Why not go back to the original EHZ palette? the purple just looks out of place.

edit: And Asuma, that Sonic sprite is AWESOME. I dig the lives icon too.

Hey guys look its a ghost!! I'm pretty sure most of you have seen these but I'm still working on it and I've gotten someone to help me with art work. Still need people to help me with background designs and stuff.

Heres a few things some of you might not have seen in the shots maybe

pretty hit sparks and sparkles now

anim142.png

anim141.png