A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Blyde

Shadix: I'd probably say "Alternative." There are so many bands from the current generation that are classified as punk that sound like they belong in completely different genres altogether. Alternative would be what I would call them, followed by the statement "they sound like one of those bands from the Disney movie Brink."

Serephim: Just out of curiousity.. what have you been denied? That's a complaint I commonly hear from blacks, with no actual backing. The worst I've suffered is being called white, and made fun of for not "acting black." I'm not sure I've ever actually been denied my rights though. Then again you live in Georiga.. and you may have lived there you're whole life. Hell.. if anything down south I see tons of black people discriminating against whites. So maybe I just don't give a rat's arse. And I really wasn't offended by his comment. I didn't think it was a big deal. There are tons of other things to worry about than a comment like that. Like all the warring going on, stopping world hunger.. curing AIDs? ::shrug::

Sorry to drag on about the racist thingy. I wasnt trying to be racist and if I was somehow then I apologize. I am Laotion. At my school there arent many asian people and I am like one of four asian people that are "popular" at my school.

So a lot of people just call me asian even though they know my name. Its because when ever I am with a group, I am usually the only asian and I dont notice it really but we joke about it. I go over to friends houses and the first thing their parents usually ask is....... where are you from? Even though there are others with me they dont know.

I dont really see racist things as racist as long as it wasnt intended to be. Trust me, being asian is not easy either, you see people like Carlos Mencia saying asians cant drive, asians are nerds, short,small eyes, small wangs, good at math , talk in engrish....

Thing is, I aced my driving test, aced my motorcylce test, I do average in school , I am 5'11'', my eyes are big, honestly I have a nice wang, I hate math, and I speak better english than most people in my town.

I hate stereotypes and trust me, I know a lot of black stereotypes arent true because most of my friends are black. Anyway..... what was I trying to say now..... something about Sonic....

Guest Shadix

Okay... so apparently, these NPCs have playable segments during respective campaigns...

At least, thats according to:

http://www.sonic-cult.org/!trash/sonicthepimphog.png (For all we know this could be Saz, playing a prank, AGAIN. But somehow I doubt it. It was on the cult page as Saz was trying to prove that some random piece of SA-esque Silver artwork was official.

Apparently a discussion between Elise and Amy in the beginning of Silver's story that doesn't appear to have Silver's existence yet, however the script depicts a break for a mission.

Maybe all the characters are like this.

Guest Shadix

After doing a tad bit more research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%282006%29#Amigos

One of the sources is an interview with some jap dude that talks about amigos existance and whatnot, I dunno where the info came from. (Maybe it was translated from the Jap page, since tails' page is up and has more pictures of him being playable)

So they are confirmed playable to some degree, if only to help you out with portions of stages, and they have their unique moves which is actually the point of them existing.

Tanslation from the site by a member of Sonic Stadium forum members said something along the lines that during the levels IF YOU WANT you can switch to say Tails, using Tails flying abilities, he can press switches and stuff to help Sonic, he can open new routes. Whilst you are Playing as Tails, Sonic will be standing still at that one area until you decide to switch back to him.

Apparently, thats what I got,

Aww.. I hope we can still run through the levels with the other characters at the end of the game if we so desire. That'd be so boss. ;-;

Agreed. PEople have had a big issue over having so many playable characters in a Sonic game for a while, but I think the issue is less how many there are and more how they're implemented.

Having limited playtimes with other characters in the storyline and then having them unlocked to run through stages with after you finish the game > Having 8 or 9 different story modes.

The English site has been updated with ALL character arts. Knuckles and Omega looks extremely bad arse IMO. Blaze looks cool in 3D too! and we see that desert level and maybe another one. Check the site out for some other interesting facts.

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicnext/sonicnext_full/index.php

Oh and check Knuckles' profile out.

Sonic's famous sidekick spends most of his time alone on Angel Island guarding the Master Emerald, so he's always happy to help Sonic out, especially if it involves scrambling Dr. Eggman's evil plans for world domination.

And Silver's profile says that the people lived happy in the future, so then does this imply that the effects of the Iblis Trigger will only show in xxx years in the future? (I've heard his roughly from 200 years into the future)

PunkXBlaze: Agreed fully. Especially if the story can be told via the use of less characters. And as a bonus, characters without a story mode can run through all levels unlike in SA/SA2 where Sonic/Shadow had like 10 levels, and Tails only had like 4. And even when you were done with the game you could only play those four levels. It'd be much better to run throught them all with every character, especially if there were little areas only certain characters could reach.

Aki: I could hug you. I love the fact that Angel Island is back (it was like.. hardly seen in SA2.. not sure about SH/Shadow). I was kinda worried we might not see it much, if at all, in this game and future ones. I'll have to check this page out tomorrow. As far as Omega.. err.. meh. Whatever.

Tails, the ingenious flying fox is Sonic's oldest friend and his mechanical wizardry has helped Sonic dismantle Dr. Eggman's evil schemes for over 15 years! In this caper, Tails' flying skills pit him against Eggman's metal minions in fantastic air battles.

15 years and he hasn't aged one yet. Unless they are magically saying thats canonically how long... in which case Tails would be around his 20s now... in which case we could only assume he contracted the Gary Coleman disease. But no, I'm pretty sure they are just using the fact that its Sonic's 15th anniversary and its one of their generic ____-ups to think that Tails was there since the get-go (that'd be about 14 years you tards, not 15)

Oh, and they just gave away their standard time-paradox in the story section. Now its obvious that there is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy that causes the whole problem and its all going to be Silver's fault because Silver hurts Sonic and that makes Soleanna cry. Cliche mystery solution is officially projected.

Anyone care to take any bets?

And thus comes DW's 6th prophecy.

Now its obvious that there is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy that causes the whole problem and its all going to be Silver's fault because Silver hurts Sonic and that makes Soleanna cry. Cliche mystery solution is officially projected.

Anyone care to take any bets?

And thus comes DW's 6th prophecy.

Actually, the whole last story plot was leaked Via Sonic CulT (And their info was prooved legit, incidentally, by the official SOA bios matching up with the bio sheet CulT posted about a half a month back that most people were skeptical about). But I'm not gonna post it unless, you know, asked, since it's lol spoil3rz.

Scatta, you owe me more then a hug after the next bit of news (well actually depends how you take it)

Sonic the Hedgehog boss designs

Now isn't this more interesting compared to the bosses of Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes? =P

EDIT: Yeah PunkXBlaze I hear the story is good but the ending is fairly weak, but ever since Sonic Adventure, there really hasn't been all that great of a story in a Sonic game, even Sonic Adventure was deep and complex, but it was enough to keep me interested in it.