A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Blyde

TGS coverage should be soon. There's a new trailer floating around.

It's got the instrumental (better) version of His World. And...BLAZE! (Around 01:22-01:23. Pause.)

You could grab it from SEGA's Sonic JP site, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0Ic3F8Fnc

...who are we to turn down such easy access?

Oh yeah, also has a bit of the new Sweet Sweet Sweet mix. No comment from me as of now. But damn, that section of Crisis City with Sonic flying past the shattering windows and landing to speed again...ah, how my dormant fanboyism wants to rise! Oh ho ho!

I'd like to know what happend to the non-youtube version of this.

It got uploaded, thanks goes to Remz of Sonic Stadium for uploading the file.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33931025/sonic_p.wmv

Also new gameplay footage with Silver in Kingdom Valley.

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/749/749072/vids_1.html

That fight Silver has seems interesting.

Hey Aki-At, sorry I cant check the vid of silver but I heard there were two, one where the player didnt play so good and another where the player was better. I dont have a link but I thought I should just say that before someone says that the controls look bad.

Also, I want this game so bad too, just watching that new trailer makes me feel like..... like.....

Hey Aki-At, sorry I cant check the vid of silver but I heard there were two, one where the player didnt play so good and another where the player was better. I dont have a link but I thought I should just say that before someone says that the controls look bad.

Yeah the player does seem slightly confused on that vid link, but thats only because he/she isn't pointing the camara at the mech properly to see where to attack.

So I guess they decided to ditch the Zebrahead version of the theme? It seems kinda odd that they'd have 2 different versions of the same theme.

The Sweet Sweet Sweet remix sounds too similar to the original... I was hoping they'd do something unique with it, but it sounds like the same song with a drumbeat and some modulation and of course at a higher quality. (However I guess this clip is not enough for us to determine that one way or another, I just REALLY hope there isn't rapping verses.) I liked the jazzy stuff in the original... :\

So I guess they decided to ditch the Zebrahead version of the theme? It seems kinda odd that they'd have 2 different versions of the same theme.

I'd say not. They probably just decided that they don't want to actively use that song to promote their game anymore untill its actually polished to an acceptable point.

Eurogamer did a review of the demo, they played thorugh a level for Sonic, Silver AND Shadow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67886

"What's there at present will certainly satisfy without particularly wowing fans of 3D-era Sonic; and will surely again fail to sway the classic 2D-worshipping purists"

Regardless, they still complain about homing attack leading to random deaths, something I've never encountered.

And IGN did a review

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/734/734892p1.html

SEGA america's FTP has some fantastic things on it. This video included, except, its quality is so high, and the image is so big it doesn't fit on my screen. Aswell as some fantastic ingame shots, of massive size, and quality.

Shadow's stage was a little more challenging than Sonics. He skates instead of runs, making him more awkward to control

...Was Shadow the Hedgehog's sliptastic control deliberate!? Outrageous! Either that, or they are really trying to make fun of Shadow the Hedgehog with this... I don't know.

EDIT: Apparently, apart from being sliperry... they've made Shadow the maneuverability king... unlimited jumps, ability to stick to vertical surfaces on a whim *which I'm assuming is somewhat different from triangle jump* and just general wierdness.

I imagine it CAN be done well, it just hasn't. Ever.

Thats a bold statement, and of course your opinion entirely. I myself found stages such as City Escape, White Jungle, Speed Highway, Pyramid Cave, Lost World and Final Rush to be some of my favourite Sonic levels, and all of them I enjoy playing more then some of the stages from 2D Sonic games such as Oil Ocean Zone, Hydrocity Zone or Lave Reef Zone for myself.

And new video of Silver recorded through a camara at TGS

Finally they've made a deliberate effort to seperate Sonic from Shadow... Although oddly enough there is quite a few concepts that I'm suprised to be seeing implemented. (Just concepts that have gone flying around in the DW limbo)

I think I may be the only one taking a sigh of relief however at the revelation of this game being more of an "SA3"

"(However I guess this clip is not enough for us to determine that one way or another, I just REALLY hope there isn't rapping verses.) I liked the jazzy stuff in the original... :\"

Being that, I believe, Akon is a rapper chances are there will be rapping verses. Get over it. Simply because he'll be rapping doesn't mean the song will automatically suck. Don't be so friggin closed-minded. And from what I'm hearing the "jazzy stuff" is still there, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

"I think I may be the only one taking a sigh of relief however at the revelation of this game being more of an 'SA3'"

Not so sure I understand what you mean by that..