A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Xtreme 3D remix is back!

Dobermann

First fo all, i need to say that i cancelled the game sonic 3d remix (remember the 360° 3D engine) because it has too many lag probs...

So i'm back on sonic xtreme remix(remember my 2D game) but this time it will be in full 3D:

xtreme02gp8.png

As you can see it's the Saturn version of Sonic Xteme that i'm making!

Stay tuned for more ;)

First fo all, i need to say that i cancelled the game sonic 3d remix (remember the 360° 3D engine) because it has too many lag probs...

So i'm back on sonic xtreme remix(remember my 2D game) but this time it will be in full 3D:

[qimg]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/681/xtreme02gp8.png[/qimg]

As you can see it's the Saturn version of Sonic Xteme that i'm making!

Stay tuned for more ;)

Isn't it like... the same?

• 3 weeks later...

Whoo... we lost a lot of conversation here!

So i need a designer to help me making some little decoration sprites to repalce the tree and the rock of jade gully for the metal blade zone, the red sands zone and the death egg zone!

I need levels designers too, if somoeone want to help in this project, he is welcome ;)

Well i don't know, i jsut need some object for this 3 zones, what can replace a tree in the red sands zone for you?

All my levels have two kind of textures and two solid sprites. one big of 64*128 (the tree) and one little of 64*64 (the rock) But i can't put a tree in red sands or in metal blade and death egg... so i need some one to find hwta can match with the level design!

Its pretty good, but there are some minor problems:

1. run(on flat ground) and jump towards a slope, and sonic will start to go through it, but not all the way.

2. Accel and decel on slope.

3. there NEEDS to be diagonal movement.

4. (in special stage) jump on the flat part and move towards the slope, sonic will start rising more than the jump would normally make him.

But, those aside, its awesome!

keep up the great work.

I don't like how the trees are solid obstacles. It gets annoying when you place them right in the way. You should put some kind of interactive objects to make the level less linear instead. Of course, this is just a demo, so I'm sure you've already thought of implementing things to make the gameplay more enjoyable.

Pressed against a wall and fell through it and died... I get the feeling it's not intentional.

The acceleration is insane. Sonic moves slowly at first, then suddenly bursts into speed. Have the speed increase more gradually so it's easier to control.

Special stage is very well done. When Sonic gets hurt in it, you should actually show him dropping rings. And you should have Sonic's speed gradually increase like in Sonic 2. Other than that, great job.

Is there any way to see behind Sonic? I'm always afraid to move backwards because I can't see what's behind me. Is there anything you can do about that? Maybe when Sonic is moving backwards, you can have the camera shift backwards a little bit.

That's it for my comments on a first play. Great job as usual, looking forward to more.

Edit:

And like Kaos said, add diagonal movement. A new animation isn't needed, so I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do.

Very good. Here, fix these:

1) Don't put enemies in the path of running. I felt very cautious while moving ALL the time and that's not fun.

2) Acceleration. Do what everybody else said.

3) Suggestion: maybe make the background less static. Some paralax activity would be cool

4) Special Stage = SLOW. Speed it up a little bit

5) Solid trees = annoying

Overall, it was well-made demo. It just didn't feel like a Sonic game. The trademark speed was absent altogether.

I await your next post so you can debunk all my suggestions, like everybody else that gets their fangame criticized.

Ahh fine feedbaks ^^

Well for the direction thing, i made it as the saturn game, it's a choice, i'm sorry but i don't plane to change that...

For the speed, i'll try to fix it, but you know it's really ahrd to make the perfect speed using 3D movement as the speed counter go from 0 to 4... I should make the speed event to add 0.5 instead of 1.

The maps when you want speed.. yeah i'll do that, this was jsut a little act t try the engine, but it's pretty hard to make a map in 3D :/

The movements on the slopes are more slow that a normal wall, it's normal because if not sonic run it really fast and it don't have a good feeling :S

Pressed against a wall and fell through it and died... I get the feeling it's not intentional.

Can you explain me this more in details please? i understand it's a bug but uh.. where' date=' how, why?

(in special stage) jump on the flat part and move towards the slope, sonic will start rising more than the jump would normally make him.

I dont' understand what you mean :S

For the special stage, i'll do what you said rael0505, thank you :)

I'll not move the camera, eh! it's sonic xtreme!

The speed of special stage will be speeded up a bit.

Parallax on background? well no, sorry but i did a fixed little background to improve the framerate :o

You want me to make the trees and rock non sloid objects? but... how to say... you will pass other them :S it's not reallistic!

For the badniks on the path of running, if i remember i placed a rock or a tree each time it will have a badnik in front of you so you never get hurt when you try to run fast!

Well other suggestions/ideas?

PS: yes it will have boss, but it's a demo!

And there are only 1 animation: run...

Ok, i tried what you said both rael0505 and sing, but i failed, as the movement of the ground depends of the movement of actives objects, when i want to change the speed the walls aren't place as they must be, yoiu can see some black line betweeneach of them...

So i can't make the lost speed thing when you get hurt.

And for the acceleration, i can only pass from 4 to 8, so it's two times more fast :S

However i added the ring loss to the special stage, as in sonic 2, two little rings fall behind sonic.

What do you think it's better?