A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog : Online (Halo CE)

SonicXtreme

Yep Next-Gen... you call it next gen but its really just a fancy Halo 1 mod... "NEXT GEN" indeed....

Don't use that term agai or I'll bite you Zonar.

Otherwise, its starting to look good although once again this mod is useless to me as I don't own the PC versio nof Halo.

@ Khorney, Yes I do know what hes making. I asked Him if I could help somehow on MSN the other day and he said he needed level ideas. If he was strikly sticking to Sonic Next Gen he wouldn't need level ideas because he would get them from the game. Besides, he suggested classic level themes. Yesterday I talked to him on MSN again, he said he liked my oil ocean level idea.

@ SonicXtreme, keep up the good work and grate work on those models. I'll come up with more idea later.

Uhh.. I was under the impression that the term "next gen" was only used once the next console was announced up until all the new consoles came out. Meaning that the Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 are no longer "next gen" but "current gen" along with the consoles that haven't yet died out. When they do, "current gen" will simply mean X360, Wii, and PS3. At least... that's a logical way to use it.

I don't get this mod. It seems to just randomly float back and forth at various stages of progress. One day you'll be using a generic looking Sonic stage with halo characters and gameplay, the next you'll be using Sonic with Halo gameplay in a Halo stage, the next you'll be having Halo models in a Sonic stage with some interesting stuff going on. Then to top things off, you'll have Sonic running around a generic Sonic stage with interesting stuff going on. Then its like you go to somewhere in the middle of that path.

Maybe its just Halo modding in general, but thats kinda messed up.... kinda reason I prefer just plain game making to modding.

Personally, i thought the idea with having sonic items as weapons were cool.

If you could have Halo Battles with halo characters, Sonic Characters, Halo Weapons, Sonic Weapons, and have all the characters be able to run over walls and stuff..

THEN you would have an interesting game.

Perhaps in the running stages you could shoot and use weapons as well, kind of like an On-Foot racing game with guns!!!...!?

(dunno, id have fun running over walls with someone's flag while someone is chasing me and another is shooting at me from the floor..)

To answer the question about Halo/Sonic and the ever changing game play...

The Halo/Sonic thing is the Multiplayer side of the mod , which was scrapped last year , the Single Player version of the mod does not feature anything from Halo , and thus none of the videos apart from Videocast 2 have shown anything Halo related in Sonic Online.

The main game play is Single Player Sonic Experiance using Halos engine to try and emulate most of the effects that a normal Sonic game has , any Halo/Sonic mix , is related to the Multiplayer section of the mod.

To answer the question about Halo/Sonic and the ever changing game play...

The Halo/Sonic thing is the Multiplayer side of the mod , which was scrapped last year , the Single Player version of the mod does not feature anything from Halo , and thus none of the videos apart from Videocast 2 have shown anything Halo related in Sonic Online.

The main game play is Single Player Sonic Experiance using Halos engine to try and emulate most of the effects that a normal Sonic game has , any Halo/Sonic mix , is related to the Multiplayer section of the mod.

Although I understand that you've had team problems and dev issues, I still think the original idea was the best, a simple Halo multiplayer mod, it sounds the most appealing and surely must be alot easier to develop?

I don't doubt your skills at all, but your single player mod of Halo sounds like alot of trouble and trying to make one game engine emulate another is only going to produce headaches.