A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Finally gotten back to working on Heroic Battle Spirit, and before I work on my new level, I finally decided to properly fix the map system and overhaul it so I can be much more flexible with the level design. Most Metroidvania designs tend to be rigidly structured into specific rooms, considering what I'm going for with this game, I wanted to be able to make layouts that could look much less artificial, as well as dynamically display things such as items, enemies and obstacles, and provide players with other means of being able to plan their route, such as displaying jump-thru platforms.

WorkingMap.png

Edited by Candescence
  • Like 2

4fa2c9d46582937721c6da2168f93a88.png

Title screen for ya.

Also I am aware of the "Press Start" being in a layer behind the characters themselves.

I will attempt to post a gif of the title screen in motion.

(also does anybody have sheets of the splash effect from the beginning of sonic 3 when super sonic flies over the water, cuz the waterrun particle is a placeholder until I can find it.)

So I figured out how to create 3D stereoscopic images that are compatible with a 3DS. I can basically make a picture have depth on a 3DS. So I went and made a few of Havok Harbor and Blackshore Meltdown. You can download both here and here

YOU MUST HAVE A 3DS AND AN SD CARD TO MAKE THIS WORK

-Unzip the .rar file and plug an SD card into your computer.

-Open up the SD Card in explorer and copy paste the files from the .rar into F:// DCIM/101NIN03

-Make sure that the files you are putting on the SD card are not already taken. If they are, then change the name of the files in the .rar to a different value like so- HNI_0039 to HNI_0099. HNI_00 must stay in the name and each .mpo file has a corrisponding .jpeg that must have the same name. Do not get them serarated.

-when the files are copied over to the SD Card, pop it in your 3DS and boot up photo viewer and enjoy.

Just some sweet gifs to go with this post too.

hh00.gifhh01.gifhh02.gif

Edited by Highwire4
  • Like 5

So I figured out how to create 3D stereoscopic images that are compatible with a 3DS. I can basically make a picture have depth on a 3DS. So I went and made a few of Havok Harbor and Blackshore Meltdown. You can download both here and here

YOU MUST HAVE A 3DS AND AN SD CARD TO MAKE THIS WORK

-Unzip the .rar file and plug an SD card into your computer.

-Open up the SD Card in explorer and copy paste the files from the .rar into F:// DCIM/101NIN03

-Make sure that the files you are putting on the SD card are not already taken. If they are, then change the name of the files in the .rar to a different value like so- HNI_0039 to HNI_0099. HNI_00 must stay in the name and each .mpo file has a corrisponding .jpeg that must have the same name. Do not get them serarated.

-when the files are copied over to the SD Card, pop it in your 3DS and boot up photo viewer and enjoy.

Just some sweet gifs to go with this post too.

hh00.gifhh01.gifhh02.gif

is there an earthquake or am i having a seizure

*video*

Aye.... It's looking really nice! Buuuuut my fear seems to have came to fruition. I'm liking how it looks and the programming looks superb but the whole looking too much like 06' thing is really... jarring? The levels may be less glitchy and the game more polished but 06's idea's weren't the best.

It looks really good presentation and gameplay wise though!

Okay I'll spill the beans, honest criticism is better than half baked, so here we go. (Keep in mind this is just my personal preference)

I don't like 06 too much. Good idea it had? Yes but things could be changed and such. This looks like it's making the same mistake as Sonic 2006 2D where it has great programming and presentation but sticks far too closely to it's origin. You have a lot of potential with this project and I don't want you to stop even the beta version of this project looked great but this one has got my hopes down, not to make you feel bad. But it's like just polishing 06 at this rate rather than "fixing" it. It's your game, do what you want with it but I feel that it could use a higher top speed and a quicker acceleration. The controls in the beta video you had shown earlier looked pretty good actually, Sonic was faster, homing attack angled downwards, he accelerated more naturally.

Just my two cents and it still looks good just less enjoyable.

Okay I'll spill the beans, honest criticism is better than half baked, so here we go. (Keep in mind this is just my personal preference)

I don't like 06 too much. Good idea it had? Yes but things could be changed and such. This looks like it's making the same mistake as Sonic 2006 2D where it has great programming and presentation but sticks far too closely to it's origin. You have a lot of potential with this project and I don't want you to stop even the beta version of this project looked great but this one has got my hopes down, not to make you feel bad. But it's like just polishing 06 at this rate rather than "fixing" it. It's your game, do what you want with it but I feel that it could use a higher top speed and a quicker acceleration. The controls in the beta video you had shown earlier looked pretty good actually, Sonic was faster, homing attack angled downwards, he accelerated more naturally.

Just my two cents and it still looks good just less enjoyable.

Again, I agree with this, everything about 06 is clunky. I honestly don't think there's anything worth copying from that game. The animations were stiff and awkward, the physics and running speed were terrible, the homing attack is unnatural and clunky, the special effects were lazy, and water sliding looks absurd. 

It's neat that you're able to emulate it....I just really don't know why anyone would. If Sega ever remade Sonic 06 and made it a good game, it would play nothing like the version that was released at all, I can guarantee you.

It's like a case study on how to make a platformer feel as unnatural and clunky as possible. At the very least I think you should swap the animations out for better ones...which I do think would be any other game in the franchise.

Edited by Serephim
  • Like 1

Having fun at Unity, Lots of glitches, need rewrite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_5KZJ1nn8

Nice job Gistix! It looks smooth, but Sonic's spinning animation is a little too slow, especially when he jumps. Speed up the animation some more and it'll look more natural. Sonic's running speed would also benefit from being raised since he's quite slow right now.

But everything is looking good. I'm looking forward to this project. Keep up the good work.

Is Sonic in mid-blink in that fighter's portrait, or is that a still picture

i'm confused, are you asking if its some sort of animated image? because if you mean that, then no, you cannot have animated icons in mugen.

a friend of mine used to always constantly call that icon the "rapist face" sonic

Working on the tiles for the Amethyst Palace area in Epsilon.
SVhTYmd.png

Not Pictured: The slope tiles (They're not finished yet.), and the half-pipe tiles (Also not finished yet.)

Will hopefully post the finished tiles to the forest area and city area soon.

• Like 4

Modernizing Sonic Worlds Delta V1.2 for my work-in-progress. It ain't much right now, I just felt like posting  :Bounce: .

It's called Sonic Euphorium. No story yet, Sonic is the only playable character, modernized gameplay (boost, jump dash, etc.) with a touch of Genesis visuals. I'm using chiptune music for the soundtrack.

post-5347-0-92528800-1405482742_thumb.pn

post-5347-0-38358500-1405482750_thumb.pn

post-5347-0-64368700-1405482755_thumb.pn

post-5347-0-34064300-1405482761_thumb.pn

post-5347-0-70877600-1405482766_thumb.pn

Edited by JiyakoZen
  • Like 1

Wow, this looks very promising! :D Nice to see a Modern version of Worlds floating around; it'll probably make Modern styled development much more approachable for MMF2 users! Well done you, sir!

Anyway, I came here to share a little tease for my game; I only plan on announcing it once the SAGE trailer has come out, but I suppose a single screenshot wouldn't hurt! :)

edrt2014-07-1614-39-42-29_zpsdcbdfa79.pn

For those wondering, Sonic didn't acutally use the spring to achieve that position; he actually ran straight off the ramp!

• Like 3

Me gustala, Alex.

Also, kind of asking a bit much, but wouldn't it be cool if he was rotated in the direction he was moving when you took that snapshot?

Oh Techo~

That would look really weird; one minute, you'd be running vertically, and the next, woosh! He's sideways. Besides, it doesn't make sense for such a short gap.

In my option, I think Sonic's sprite looks odd considering the angle Sonic looks to be launching at. Maybe use that corkscrew animation you see in 2/3K.

It's all link to a specific ramp code I've implemented; it'll look a lot less odd when you play the game and see it all in motion.