A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

It kinda is really bright man : / 

Buuut, on to more blender things! Sonic Game Engine (Adventure) (too make it sound fancy!) :

It sort of carries over the 8 direction movement AND rotation. I may lower the rotation time so jumping feels more fluid but things are coming along good. I may add either a roll or a spindash, enemies, and maybe dashpads and springs but I gotta work on Reboot (which I'm doing such a great job of doing v.v) But I feel if I can get it to feel right enough many people could use it to make pretty decent through good 3D fangames with it, all depends on how well it comes out and the person using it I guess. If I can figure out this whole export as game thing I could provide a test of it but- what do ya' think? C:

EDIT: I forgot! It also provides a Walk - Jog - Run Cycle animation change through the logic bricks! It might be a little jittery due to having the YouTube video up in the background but you may be able to tell.  

Edited by Light The Hedgehog
  • Like 1

whatever it looks like ingame, is how its going to look.

Then work on having so much of the sky taking so much of the screen, its too bright and takes up too much, in the original screenshot it doesn't look like that.

• Like 1

theres some things i'm going to do, and some things i don't see the need changed.

The least you can do is make sure the background isn't covering 80% of the screen.

Just because you find it okay, doesn't mean we all will. Posting screenshots and not taking criticism is bad. It's going to give the players a great distaste if you keep it like the screenshots. Especially with characters that rely on speed.

Edited by Sir Spacebar
  • Like 3

Ain't nobody got time to make another video (sorry I had the sudden urge to get that out) So here's a screenshot. Spindash is officially added! Just some fine tuning and it'll be good! Unfortunately due to how I setup the logic you can't turn while charging but you CAN while actually in the roll.

I might set a seperate button to roll. But currently there isn't any actual reaction to terrain so it'd be mighty useless besides running into enemies I guess :C Maybe after I finish this and Reboot, I'll get into Python scripting and make an all new engine. So yeah, here ya go!

7E0OPRk.png

• Like 2

Yo, Neo, buddy, pal. I understand where you're comin' from with wanting to stay true to the original source material, but that background color pallet just isn't working. The colors are way too intense for a fighting game background and distract the visual focus away from the characters. Tone down the pallet and make it less saturated to make the characters pop forward more and stand out. I've noticed you've been ignoring criticism about this, but please listen, I have a degree in visual arts, I'm not talkin' out of my ass here with this. Its a problem. 

• Like 1

@Light The Hedgehog

I'm really digging that engine man! c: I'm just gonna take a stab at it and say that the cause of the low FPS in the video is just because of hardware limitations, which is completely understandable. It looks like the engine has a lot of stuff it needs to do, and 3D engines are pretty resource intensive. The other thing that jumps out at me is how harsh the lighting is. This is probably an easy fix but it seems like there's too much contrast between the shadows and the lighted areas-I'm specifically talking about Sonic, not the ground plane.

@Neo_Fire_Sonic

It would be best to listen to what people have to say, I've been around a few years and I know that shooting down constructive criticism is not good for personal growth. I learned the hard way, don't make similar mistakes. It would be who of you to listen to what people have to say, think about what their point is, understand where they are coming from, and take all that closer to heart. i won't even comment on how you just out-right ignored my post directed at you

@Sir Spacebar

I'm really liking of that new loop design! The only thing that bugs me is how the grass is handled at the top of it. It seems like a little unnatural and like it was just pasted on. My suggestion would be to try and get the grass to blend in with the sides some. Maybe make the grass on the edges taper downwards some?

It kinda is really bright man : / 

Buuut, on to more blender things! Sonic Game Engine (Adventure) (too make it sound fancy!) :

It sort of carries over the 8 direction movement AND rotation. I may lower the rotation time so jumping feels more fluid but things are coming along good. I may add either a roll or a spindash, enemies, and maybe dashpads and springs but I gotta work on Reboot (which I'm doing such a great job of doing v.v) But I feel if I can get it to feel right enough many people could use it to make pretty decent through good 3D fangames with it, all depends on how well it comes out and the person using it I guess. If I can figure out this whole export as game thing I could provide a test of it but- what do ya' think? C:

EDIT: I forgot! It also provides a Walk - Jog - Run Cycle animation change through the logic bricks! It might be a little jittery due to having the YouTube video up in the background but you may be able to tell.  

This looks great! I may consider getting blender to do a test level when you release this, but I do hope the piss poor framerate is just YouTube. Otherwise, looking good!

PbiGhtp.pngStraight from MMF2, We have the new loop designs for my first stage. I know that the circle feels sorta weird but I have no idea how to differentiate it.

I'd suggest adding non-solid actives of the rest of the honey combs in front of the loop actives so it looks like less of a honey comb shaped piece of card with a circle cut in the middle.

I'm really liking of that new loop design! The only thing that bugs me is how the grass is handled at the top of it. It seems like a little unnatural and like it was just pasted on. My suggestion would be to try and get the grass to blend in with the sides some. Maybe make the grass on the edges taper downwards some?

I don't know what you mean or how it would work as I am not skilled at art. Would you possibly try an example?

Unfortunately, since I am away from my desktop for the next , I cannot make you an example.  But what I meant was that you could smooth the edges of the grass off so that way they don't drop off suddenly at the end- turn the flat edges of the grass into slightly smoother slopes- round out the edges- shorten the grass on the sides.

tl;dr  The sudden vertical drop off in the grass at the ends look strange, make the edges more rounded.

Sorry for confusing you, and I hope this helps a little more.

So, here's this blend file. The most you could probably do is add enemies, rings, and level desgin.. because the logic, while poweful isn't enough to hold variables and call from such, so after Reboot on to learning this python stuff:

https://www.mediafire.com/?v0n7gz7pf8hw837 -> One with level design

http://www.mediafire.com/download/985sye0vc5f7u7r/SAGEngine.blend -> Just the plain engine

So I'm sorry this couldn't be amazing or polished or even truly finished but I just don't have the knowledge to do much with it yet. 

Gladly it wasn't a hyped a project :P

It's a fun little play though.

Video: (I don't know what's going on with the recoreder)...

Edited by Light The Hedgehog
  • Like 2

So I've been hard at work on a much needed tutorial level for Havok Harbor for SAGE ACT2. This is what I have so far. 

bandicam_2014_07_28_10_02_57_661.pngbandicam_2014_07_28_10_03_12_071.pngbandicam_2014_07_28_10_03_46_257.pngbandicam_2014_07_28_10_04_24_067.png

Its basically finished at this point. I just need to test it out and SLA:HH will be ready to go for SAGE ACT 2. Thoughts?

• Like 7

I'm liking it! ;D  It's a lot better then the traditional controller map in the loading screen way.  My only crit could possibly be is the fact that an external controller works too, and the control scheme is different on that.  But since I'm sure that so many will use the keyboard & mouse set up, it won't be an issue.

Besides, the USB controller setup is pretty much exactly the same as the Sonic Generations scheme.

Also, DAT BLOOM~