A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

city1_zps921faf04.png

I was making some parallax for a zone in my fangame, Technocity Zone (Hydrocity fiasco, It's either a pun on technology/velocity or just a techno city)

I think it's looking pretty nifty so far: there's a lot of fun shapes in it. Also, is the middle building with the round top Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated?

I have no idea what's happening in that image.

it looks pretty bland but I'm assuming you're showing this because it's to do with some kind of final boss or something?

funny thing is your at a complete disadvantage on the stage

everything is dark.

also if u look really closely you can actually see the final boss

oh also i'm the biggest liar in the world

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic

965303screen.png

Just a level based on the theme of ruins.Don't know if I will put in my project because it's a practise to learn about Sonic Worlds mainly on the mapping. I have to work a lot on this.

PS: Don't mind the white line on the tour, I forgot to remove him

I need to fix that but in my fan game they will be only Sonic as a playable character if I don't know how to make a charater select or a switch like LakeFeperd's game: I mean Sonic Before the Sequel.

Making a character select is really easy, though I dont know anything about MMF2 (which I assume you're using), but I bet there are some tutorials on YouTube. If you want, I can explain how it works in GameMaker, and then it's up to you to "port" it to MMF2.

Making a character select is rather simple in MMF2. Just have Global strings or variables for each character, so have one named "Sonic_SELECT", one named "TAILS_SELECT", and etc for how ever many you have and make their default values 0 (which is not active.) In the character select screen, when you choose a character to play as, it will change what ever global value you have for that character to 1 (which means its active). In the levels themselves just have a line of code that checks what the global variables are at the start of the frame and then activate a group of code depending on which variable has a value of "1". You'll need to have the complete code for each character in every level to make it work though. Does that help at all?

It may not seem like much, but I've implemented a new resolution selection screen into my game. The third option does not work, so I'm probably going to replace it with a full screen option. Please tell me though, what do you think of the background? (It is animated, by the way.) Too distracting? Fine the way it is?

vpPYjq2.png

• Like 6

42TnyMe.png

Alright we have a title screen going on. I initially wanted to do a Yoshi's Island styled title theme with a psuedo 3D rotating clump of islands, but this did NOT turn out as I had hoped. So as a compromise, I just put a flat 2D space. (The clouds might be changed to mimic Sonic CD's title though.) The ring itself is very rough at the moment, as it is a raw rip of the 3D model that was used to make it, which means no lighting or real shading. (And a few clipping problems where the polygons didn't connect correctly.) And while the picture shows little in the way of animation(probably becausw it's only a mockup), the title screen will do this little thing where Sonic kind of bashes the ring into place and jumps in from below.

Edited by Betaman
  • Like 2