A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

screenshot101.png

Final Version of the hud ^^ (The Life icon will be changed trough later.)

I wish you would move that X space to lower end of the screen (like sonic unleashed or colors or World) and make it smaller it feels like you need a of presenting it, i dont think its working too well, what are your other concepts? hopefully that hud isnt the first idea and got attacted to it.

2cfbd22973.png

Started work on Act 2 of Emerald Falls Zone.

Fixed the pee water.

(also stage y u display act 1 instead of act 2)

Why do people like to use this tileset?! D: It looks like absolute drivel and the fact that there are very little to no custom graphics in this stage indicate a very noticeable lack of originality. I'd suggest you try and make your own (honestly, tiles aren't hard, I promise) using a new pattern that isn't brown and beige checkers. One pattern I've always wanted to see on Green Hill Clone tiles is honeycomb...yum....honey. :P

Why do people like to use this tileset?! D: It looks like absolute drivel and the fact that there are very little to no custom graphics in this stage indicate a very noticeable lack of originality. I'd suggest you try and make your own (honestly, tiles aren't hard, I promise) using a new pattern that isn't brown and beige checkers. One pattern I've always wanted to see on Green Hill Clone tiles is honeycomb...yum....honey. :P

???

I, actually made the tileset from scratch and just remade the green hill checkerboard hillsides. I didn't know something like that existed. Mind if you share a link of the original tiles?

I'll change it for the final release.

also I stared work on this act about 30 minutes ago.

Edited by Sir Spacebar

Alright, Heroic Battle Spirit's new demo has its basic layout done, along with some visuals and one of its main level gimmicks, though it doesn't look that great right now, still need to find a background to use for it.

WaterwayWIP1.png

Also, something I'm trying to work on for the main boss fight. Since the boss I have in mind has literally nothing I can use in terms of sprites or animations, and nobody's helping me with art, I decided to cheat and use Inkscape to trace various references to create parts I can use to animate in Spriter. Say hello to Ranamon, fellas.

This took hours, and it was tedious as hell. See, this is why I don't do art. This has no right to look even remotely decent, even if it sorta does. And I'll probably have to do it AGAIN if I want to do Calamaramon for the same boss fight, though, thinking about it, that might actually be too early, it might be more interesting to save that for a rematch in another stage. Considering the time I have to finish the stage, that's probably for the best.

RanaWIP.jpg

• Like 2

I wish you would move that X space to lower end of the screen (like sonic unleashed or colors or World) and make it smaller it feels like you need a of presenting it, i dont think its working too well, what are your other concepts? hopefully that hud isnt the first idea and got attacted to it.

I will keep the design of the Hud and the Rings/Time/Score part. About the wisp box...I could remove it and instead add a little Icon of the current collected wisp power up to the life icon... whatcha think?

@DarkchaoX10

That would work nicely as a matter of fact. Instead of something large, you have something appear when you get the wisp power, it'll draw attention to itself as much as the current icon.

I still think that the Score, Time, and Ring Counters are a little too big, however that's just a little nitpick.

I've seen that black cat in a Flash animation somewhere before, methinks.

of course you have, vicious is from flash animations aswell

how my roster went was, if the person peaked my interest, had a big sprite sheet that was not JPG, then they get in.

I dunno what's going on but for some reason candescence and spacebar, I can't see your images. Well, I can see your big one candescence, the other one isn't showing oddly.

Happens sometimes with images on Dropbox. Just grab the link from the post, it should display properly in a separate tab.

Edit: And now I can't find decent references of Ranamon's legs and feet at the angle at I want. FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Edited by Candescence

Is that supposed to be White Blaster from The S Factor?

yes

Knew it. It was this one:

So, now this guy's name is Vicious instead, hm?

no vicious meaning the green hedgehog looking guy

he's somewhere in that video

sfgoLsN.png

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic

I've been working on some Blender engines (Sonic Engines) experimenting and trying to figure out control types and just how Blender game engine works in general. I'm trying to also learn some Python but after I probably am gonna work on my Fan Game before I make any more progress on these engines- I'd also have to learn a couple things before I can even make any progress.

8-Way Direction Movement based on Camera (Akin to BlitzSonic games)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP4ROfheM1k&feature=youtu.be

Rotation Type Movement (Akin to most Blender 3rd person games) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHSDBJLTVKc

• Like 2