A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Yeah well the trail started to split and there were blank spots inside the trail, it looked pretty bad.. I appreciate the fact you tried to help! (:

There are two ways to fix this...

1) Slow the homing attack down a little bit.

2) Use a polygon like SEGA has been since Sonic Adventure.

Option 2 is largely out of our capabilities.

There are two ways to fix this...

1) Slow the homing attack down a little bit.

2) Use a polygon like SEGA has been since Sonic Adventure.

Option 2 is largely out of our capabilities.

So it was a polygon all along.. And I wasn't using the trail JUST for the homing attack, I tested it by just having it follow Sonic no matter what, and the trail would begin to split into pieces. ;_;

So it was a polygon all along.. And I wasn't using the trail JUST for the homing attack, I tested it by just having it follow Sonic no matter what, and the trail would begin to split into pieces. ;_;

Then Sonic is moving more pixels in one frame than the visible part of the trail is wide.

Tip: Try to limit Sonic's speed so that he never moves more than the Trail Sprite's radius each frame.

EDIT: How did you not see that is was a polygon? The trail had six visible edges, always... At least up until after Heroes. '06 and on fix that eyesore.

Yeah well the trail started to split and there were blank spots inside the trail, it looked pretty bad.. I appreciate the fact you tried to help! (:

Yeah, I think the reason would be that I use interpolate colour between pixels to stop the splits since my game's always suffering from drawing errors. GM8 thing, think it was fixed in GM 8.1. Anyway, hopefully the other method works

Hate to ask but how'd you get the trail to curve? Are you using particles or a sprite for it?
That would be very nice of you if you could show me how to do that. Looks very polished too. ^^

Okay, I'll try to explain how I got it. And do not be too lazy to share, because more in my game available to the public. :D

I just want to understand how we begin a talking. PM, Skype or etc.?

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/AqpjY.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i.imgur.com/tVXOr.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/jKJoV.png[/qimg]

well, i'm not sure what i can say about those screen shots, but it's probably about something that might be finished later this year. (it's not ATS btw)

I just realised that the sun is actually gradually setting.

This now has me pretty interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Moar info plz.

Unity's terrain engine fails at physics. A simple ball will lose speed moving downhill and gain speed moving uphill. And judging by these recent debug line tests, it seems it doesn't even provide proper collision angles.

Small slopes seem to return proper collision normals (yet still screw with physics), while high slopes like this have only returned vertical lines.

The most dramatic example I've demonstrated is creating a cliff with a mesa on top. Any rigidbody that bumps into the cliff is instantly teleported to the top. This doesn't happen in other engines like UDK.

For that matter, Unity's terrain renderer has also been reported by others to be pretty heavy and sluggish.

I'd try and make my own if I weren't so busy on physics and gameplay. And by busy, I mean still procrastinating.

Well, I have been doing quite a lot lately actually, just hitting an old brick wall or two that keep resurfacing.

Man, it's been a while since I've been here.

Forgot to bookmark the site .3.

Anyway, I got a few pics to show you guys. Gift Shop, Gift Shop Menu and Inventory menu. I may have a lot more in a few days but yeah, I hope you enjoy what I have now! All of these features shown are complete and will be in the update.

concept17.png

concept18updated.png

concept19.png