A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Mighty fine work there, Lake. ^_^ I like how the red pipe weaves into the corkscrew path.

[qimg]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3484/sltest2.png[/qimg]

Moo.

Moo right back at ya.

Very Nights-ish.

I like it.

Don't change a thing except for when the main game comes out take out the word "demo".

I also just noticed how the curve of the letter P sorts in with the planet like object in the font to make a Saturn like planet.

Very distinguishing.

Those scaffolding tiles are much too dark compared to the rest of the level. They don't plausibly go in front of the background. Also I can't for the life of me visualize what the red pipe is supposed to be doing there... based on what it's in front or behind of, it seems to be following the z-axis curve of the corkscrew path, but based on actually looking at its tiles, it's all totally flat and at the same level as the wall it connects to.

Looks nice, but all the buildings and towers and such make the background seem to busy.

BTW, who knows how to make loop or curving tiles, while still keeping the 128x128 size?

I made a tutorial on how to make loops for genesis style backgrounds here:

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=5346

edit: Actually, stickying that thread sounds like a good idea.

If you have any questions or my instructions were unclear anywhere, feel free to ask and I'll explain in more detail.

1. SEOD will be in widescreen. WS will be the default, and there will be an option to choose.

2. I'm currently revamping all of the zones except for Stardust Stadium. Cryostone Cliffs will have better snow, Derelict Desert will have updated tiles, and Shimmering Shores, well...

3. Each zone might have vertical background movement too, like in Sonic CD, MIGHT though.

widescreen-1.png

• Like 1