A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@G: Have you ever tried taking a look at MFZ? There's a Tails' sprite there that I love, which he is taller than the usual Genesis sprites.

Also,

MickeyManiaBased.png

I guess I'm losing the interest on Sonic Fangaming.

One-day progress, will post a video as soon as I get the throw and death thing working right.

"It's not like the the size of sonic's eye is gonna effect the gameplay tho right? Ugh."

Seriously though... It's a nice pic! The shading in Sonic's eyes could be a bit darker and as well as sonic's left eye should be a little more proportioned to his other eye. That's really all that i see wrong with it.

Why is it that big of a deal that game maker can display a bunch of textured cubes and planes? Not trying to belittle your work, but I'm just not seeing this as a colossal showcase of platform capacity.

LOL!!!! You can't belittle this project!!!!! LOL!!! It's ok. It's ok. I get it. I shouldn't brag about textured cubes and floor tiles. I'm not bragging about that.

Sonic Xtreme GM8 is going to be THE sonic fan game. Remember these words. Not for the textures. Not for the Stupid lives Icon. I am pushing Game Maker to it's limits on this one. I am giving it my all. This game will include two very important things. Supreme Polish and FUN GAMEPLAY. That's what I'm bragging about here. And on the Later note, don't worry my first playable demo is coming soon.

Something im working a side the other projects, this was collecting dust in my HDD since i saw the last time i modified it was kinda june of 2009 XDDD, so i updated the game and scrapped the Time bullet effect in the game since i didnt got that functional whatever i did, so i keep it simple and im kinda Pre-rendering the sprites with help of Cinema 4D im still a noob about that program but i know a thing or two.

a57oyo.jpg

ztdu8j.jpg

This is a fan game from an old Horizontal sidescrolling space shooter called Jumpstar by Dexterity Software, i didn't have the chance by that time to buy the full game, so i keep playing the demo till i could do something about it, so that way its how this thing came to life, since when i wanted to buy the game Dexterity Software broke up, i tried to find the game since then but nobody has the full game just the demo, so i wanted to do a more Up-To date game and finish it once and for all.

And yeah the game still has flaws, like some depth problems, some particles misplaced, and i have to finish the ice pilars and ice fragments from Nebula Gaslori and do the alternative pattern of attacks of the boss of that level, as you see in the screens it says "Test Galaxy" because in the original game when you go to a different galaxy in the hud says where you are, kinda useless i know but it adds up to the game i think.

Spoiler'd to prevent joining the stretch-the-forum bandwagon.

opengl1.png

opengl2.png

opengl3.png

Now has a fully-implemented custom animation engine I had to design to use animated sprites with this engine. It auto-loads all sprite data into memory, and then automatically assigns sprites to objects by the programmer simply typing the name of the sprite in one of the object's alterable strings.

The movement engine currently has no Ymovement or collision detection with world geometry (which is a pile of cubes (sorry DW) until I eventually add vertex manipulation) but the ground movement is all done with complete analog support using the input manager I did some time ago.

Also object-vs-object collisions working. :D

SA-00.png

SA-01.png

SA-02.png

AegisBugTest

Also, need a bit of help. Well, more or less bug hunting. It involves the saving of data.

Sometimes it saves correctly, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, On the Save menu, pressed "X" to start a new game. Press Z to load a game, then press enter twice to load it.

Z = Jump.

Amy isn't done, and well, I didn't start on replacing Sonic and Knuckles. Although, I want to use gens sprite, but I can't find a decent Amy sprite with pretty much all the animations I need, (I.E. hanging, and a few other things). Deebs Amy sprite is pretty good, but it's incomplete. Anyway, like said, let know if you have issues with the save. The data saves at the end of the level.

Oh, on the rockets use left/right to control them. Also, one achievement is unachievable.

The ice stage looks absolutely fantastic. Amazing job with that. Also, I'm a big fan of what you're doing with the first stage. Loving the new tileset. Still a bit iffy on the colours you've chosen for the blocks though. That dull yellow just makes it look a bit... well, dull.

As for a name for the desert zone, I'm thinking something with Oasis in it but can't think of an alliterative word to link it with. Also, not too sure that green works so well with all the red. The contrast is a little too stark.

@Asuma

What are we giving you feedback for exactly? Just gameplay bugs or do you want feedback on graphics and level design as well?

Great Zones,Vexer!Like designs.Liked both,Ice & Sand zones.

But,looks like,you still have to fix this little glitch with life icon(When you playing for Tails/Knuckles there is still Sonic icon) like on first screen