A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Good graphics, they remind me of Marble Garden. But they look kinda odd for Advance sprites, IMO.

You really think so?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1372&stc=1&d=1288427920

Main difference between "classic" and "advance" graphics is stroke and sizes of graphical elements. And when I was making graphics for this lvel I was keeping that in mind.

post-359-138639764207_thumb.png

You really think so?

[qimg]http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1372&stc=1&d=1288427920[/qimg]

Main difference between "classic" and "advance" graphics is stroke and sizes of graphical elements. And when I was making graphics for this lvel I was keeping that in mind.

Sure you were, but I still think that the classic Sonic fits it better. IMO, the only thing that fits the Advance thing is the pallete (e.g. the divergency between the green tones of the grass.)

It doesn't clash too badly with the genesis sprites, but it definitely looks designed for the advance style. I also like that you have the grass layered on top. :D

Steven_M: The first shot's simplicity would probably look better if you had a lot of objects moving around. In general though the first looks too plain, while the second is too busy.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my new level

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1375&stc=1&d=1289654031[/qimg]

there's no background yet

I have got some ideas for a Palmtree panic (past) style but i have already used it in another level.

I know it isn't a background, but it does make me think of mountains or something barely visible through the fog for some reason.

I know it isn't a background, but it does make me think of mountains or something barely visible through the fog for some reason.

This level was based on PalmTree Panic(past) background.

dno1.png

And the first idea was to make the background look like the moutains there.

But i gived up on that idea after i did this

attachment.php?attachmentid=1376&stc=1&d=1289743304

post-4304-138639764214_thumb.png

Is Sonic supposed to be standing on the water's surface?

That background there looks really good, but if it's being used as a foreground, I might go with something different. I kinda can't tell from that screenshot.

Is Sonic supposed to be standing on the water's surface?

That background there looks really good, but if it's being used as a foreground, I might go with something different. I kinda can't tell from that screenshot.

The water in the background is supposed to be like hydrocity's(act1) water.

And If you want another screen shot, i send it to you because i don't want to reveal to much of the level now.

Well, I do like the water effect, but if you take out the water and put that in the BG, won't that mean Sonic is standing on air? Or did you not finish the floor yet...

If you look closely Sonic is on the edge of a plataform

I think this image explains it

seethat1.png

This is a section of the level that the easyest way to get through is by using the waterwalk (much like hydrocity)

Speaking of completely custom sprites, I made this from a render of my character model. Tweaked it quite a bit.

Sonic (in advance style) stands a bit shorter then her, but I always thought he would be much shorter then a human. I think I only used about 9 colors to make it.

imaadvancedspriteher.png

I've got renders of 38 more rendered frames of animations still to tweak :/ Maybe I'll shorten up the walking/running to make this go faster. (not Like I'm all that sure what I'm doing with these at the moment anyway)

I really like your style strife, its simple and bright.

Thanks FGR! =D Simplicity is what I aim for in my style, not only because it looks neat, but because it lets me skip shading entirely (in most cases), saving time.

As for your sprite, I find that a good way to unify a character's look is by balancing the amount of focus between the upper and lower body; for example, my OC's weird pigtails balance out her big feet, and Sonic's spikey 'do balances out his highly detailed shoes. In your case, the green hair provides the balance because of everything else in her outfit being red.

To put it more shortly, nice Sonic-styled sprite there. ^_^