A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Lark some others have said that too. While I some what agree I think the snow feels really Sonic CDish and I don't think it looks bad at all even if it is rather simple.

@Mobiethian

public%20snow.png

You can use any of this. In fact you can also use this background I made a few months ago. At some point I might use it or release it as free for anyone to use (if I ever finish it). But you can use it too if you like.

snowfinal.gif

I kinda agree with Lark... Maybe make a hybrid mix between the two so it's not -quite- as gradianty? Or make one time period have a snowy floor and the other have an icy floor.

Leon - Looking nice. =D I meant to ask - are the Sonic/Tails sprites you're using open sourced? If not, that's okay.

One thing that did always bother me, though, is how Eggman feels so much smaller than he should be compared to Sonic/Tails. :x I know it's probably too late to increase his size, but it's something I should point out anyway.

You can use any of this. In fact you can also use this background I made a few months ago. At some point I might use it or release it as free for anyone to use (if I ever finish it). But you can use it too if you like.

Awesome!! Thanks! Rep+ to you. :ssmile: It's okay to release them as free to use, i'll probably end up altering some of it anyway when I work on the zone.

EDIT: I'll probably end up doing something like this with the tile designs:

ppz01.png

(BG in screen is from a hack)

@Mobiethian: I think the very background seems too white to fit to that snow. Why don't you put it a bit blue like the snow mountains?

Great suggestion! I actually have a completely different background in mind for that zone, but I plan on a variation of blue in the BG. Maybe even clouds too.

gloryx.png

I'm working on Project Spikepig's city zone.

Those rails only work if Sonic rolls into them. I need to try to improve them, though, since if Sonic rolls into a slope rail from the wrong side he still collides with it and i also would like for him to be able to roll into them while he's falling from a jump, if that's actually possible.

Also, what do you people think about the tiles?

Y'know, Emerson, your shading style reminds me of what I did for my old Sonic Strife project. ^_^

Here are some screenshots for comparison:

sonicstrife64ve.pngsonicstrife33vp.pngsonicstrife77lf.pngsonicstrife55gg.png

Obviously, you're doing a lot better than I did. xD But nevertheless, if you feel like you would get some use out of my graphics, I'd be happy to send a cca file over. Not like I'm ever going to go back and finish the ol' dinosaur.

I am working on a game that takes place a couple of years after sonic cd and involves Little Planet. I wanted a sprite for sonic that captured the "classic" feel that the cd sprite had with giving sonic some age.

I saw this sprite online and loved it:

modern.png

However I think the eyes make it just a little modern.

But with the addition of sonic cd eyes....

classicvm.png

I think it looks pretty good, but I'm still pretty noob to spriting.

Any suggestions?

I am working on a game that takes place a couple of years after sonic cd and involves Little Planet. I wanted a sprite for sonic that captured the "classic" feel that the cd sprite had with giving sonic some age.

I saw this sprite online and loved it:

[qimg]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2772/modern.png[/qimg]

However I think the eyes make it just a little modern.

But with the addition of sonic cd eyes....

[qimg]http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/49/classicvm.png[/qimg]

I think it looks pretty good, but I'm still pretty noob to spriting.

Any suggestions?

Its pretty good!

On your edit around the eyes thers a too much white where it connects to his muzzle

Also on the shading, make the lighter color blue a bit darker, and then add a lighter shade of blue on the forehead, just a small one tho, thatll give it its shine

here with more screens of Re-Genesis, but now i dont know what pause could look good if a Sonic 4 type of hud, or this other i did that kinda makes me remember Sonic 3 titlecard a little

1rst one:

2mg8kkj.jpg

2nd one:

jhwiv5.jpg

i did this because i dont know yet how the "PAUSE" looks in the real game so i thought in giving it a little of my own taste, so, opinions?

u know ther is a sonic 4 gif on sonic wikia thats animated, who knows someone might upload more of his movements and ppl cud use them =D

[qimg]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100409170052/sonic/images/6/6c/Sonic4_SonicStandingSprite.gif[/qimg]

well is a good idea, but i want a more Genesis style to the game, because it isnt RE-genesis if i use the same sonic sprites from Sonic 4, then the game could be Sonic The Hedgehog 4 PC XDDD, look at it as is the same thing but instead of pre-rendered sprites, you have the same pixel art as if it were made in actual genesis hardware, only for PC

@AMT you know that we just have this animation of Sonic because SEGA uploaded it on the Sonic 4 website, right?

Anyway... Something I've been working on for Henceforth:

aa.png

Isn't too much to show but I liked it... :3

Also, Aerial Ambush is one level of the game. The picture of Tornado is just a placeholder.

I just think the "Defeat Robotnik's Aerial Army" is a bit too glowy, otherwise it's quite nice (though I can't help but feel that a few traditional background animations behind the title card font would make it somewhat more appealing).

@Gear: I prefer the first one. The simplicity just sorta suits the game more.

@LarkSS: okay thanks for the tip, i did the two of them to see who suit better the Oldschool theme of the game, as i thought the first one is better suited for that

i started to do some Splash Hill genesis tilesets:

5aj9sn.jpg

Sorry for the WIP across the image, is just in case i see somebody using it without my permission.

This are just the start, im using part of the Emerald hills and Green Hill tilesets to do the Splash Hill ones, i figured this out since every level in Sonic 4 is the same as Sonic 1 levels, so i kinda thought that doing the tilesets of splash hill zone with the Green Hill ones is the best way to get them right, any suggestions? ideas?