A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

"Classic Sonic in 3D looks bad"

of course if is not edited properly

iprtx5.jpg

Giving a go to the Blitzsonic original Sonic model, but trying to do a more Sonic 3 and Sonic OVA mixed style, if you guys remember the original model but without edits to it, it has some serious big shoes, more longer quills, a more rounded eyes and a dark blue colour, here he has more Sonic OVA style quills, more shorter and going a little upwards, the back quills are now more shorter also and a little more like sonic OVA, from side you can see that with the little modifications to the eyes and quills looks a little more like Sonic 3 Sonic sprite, also it has small shoes and a little more longer legs, now is a minor edit over the original model, not a new model from scratch, i made it using Fragmotion.

During an episode of boredom I decide to try and import a map from Zykov Eddy's brilliant Sonic the Hedgehog 3d project to my own 3D Sonic engine, derived from GZDoom:

2cd7ic1.png

Loading the .grp file in order to get the assets changes the palette and results in oddities (for example, dull green Sonic). Also, GZDoom's BUILD map loader was never fully working anyway, so the scale's off and slopes don't show up.

EDIT:

After some manual editing:

6yd1fp.png

I was a bit surprised that's why. Then I was even more surprised that I didn't post this:

[qimg]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/SnowflakeSparks/Sonic/avatar_4819.png[/qimg]

;_; I'm not alone anymore

gosh I hate the outline though and the sprite style is making me rage

I never liked the style either for the fact is some poses it kinda turns into Sonic Adventure type quills. Then in Stand, Walking, Running, the quills just look misshaped and wrong. As if they where designed or drawn poorly IMO.

I love the enhancements you have made to the spriters though, Really sparks my attention. X3

I never liked the style either for the fact is some poses it kinda turns into Sonic Adventure type quills.

Huge problem is huge.

gosh I hate the outline though and the sprite style is making me rage

I actually kind of like it. It's different than what's normally presented ::shrug::

Huge problem is huge.

I actually kind of like it. It's different than what's normally presented ::shrug::

I was talking about the original quill design in the base of the sprites he is using from SPA Aaron.

I noticed that none of the Shadows under the grass line up there =P.