A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Xtreme Remix

Dobermann

Hi sfghq's members,

I'm back here with this old project!

But actually i fixed my framerate problem and i'm making a level editor in full 3D to make the levels of the game :)

editor02ga1.jpg

level editor in action^

xtreme80yj3.png

ingame screen^

I wish you'll enjoy ;)

PS: As the game use a lot of external files and now a level editor to make the levels, the engine should be able to be reused to make your owns sonic 3D fangames in xtreme style without coding anything!

I wish my comp could play this...

Well it's good to see your fps problem isn't a problem anymore and I can see how making a level editor can ease up some of the pain of making your own levels the other way.

BTW, will you be able to set a desired texture for each side of the ground so you can asign textures good for other levels? E.G. Instead of using the grass top a metal top.

Thank you for the feedbacks! :)

For the 3D modeler, i need someone who is good with 3dsmax or another modeling program and can make sone non-animated models with external textures in tga or bmp format and who know how to do the ligthning on the texture directly as MMF don't support model lighting, like palmtree, rocks, etc.. i want to replace each sprites of the game by 3d models to look better and don't get some bugs with the sprites!

I want to keep the sprites for the special effects and the animatinos, so, all the non animated things will be in 3D! As MMF and OpenGL d'ont animate the models...

For sage, i would like to present this game in beta or demo, but i don't know how to participate to sage for the moment...

In X-treme Sega used a unique type camera thing, where the outer left and right edges would sink sort of into the horrizon, like a globe. I wonder if that is possible with the program you are using...By the way, what program are you using to compile this project?

In X-treme Sega used a unique type camera thing, where the outer left and right edges would sink sort of into the horrizon, like a globe. I wonder if that is possible with the program you are using...By the way, what program are you using to compile this project?

S'called a fish eye lense, for future reference.