A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Xtreme Remix

Dobermann

Multimedia Fusion using the Open GL extension.

Spykes added

But i can't add a skid move for the spindash BECAUSE when you do the rolling or the spindash, you lose the control of sonic until its speed is equal 0!

But don't worry, i will not make a sonic xtreme level style :P

That's really okay. It wasn't really needed. Can you at least jump out of the spindash by any chance?

Spikes are awesome btw. I take it you made it so you only get hurt by them if you jump on them and not by touching the side?

Edit: I see you got 41 fps in that pic. Is it because of the models? If so, you should probably include the 2D animations as well and make it selectable if you want to play using 3D models or 2D pics. I remember playing a game with that option and running with 2D pics instead gave me a lot more fps.

Yes you hurt the spykes only by jumping on them! If not they are as the walls!

Yes it' right, when the spykes are at the screen the FPS is slow... maybe i should remake the model, be cause for the moment it's jsut 6 draw of the same model, it's why it's slow! I'll fix that ;)

PS: For information, my computer is not reall fast, it's a 1ghz processor...

Well i'm sorry, you need at minimal, a 100ghz processor to play correctly the engine :S

People who have more than 1ghz processor will play the game with a good framerate :P

Now, i found a way to draw only the walls in front of sonic! YAY! So the framerate is improved for bigger maps ^^

xtreme89uk5.png

Yes ^^

I added the "application priority" object to my engine and set it to "high priority", now the fps of the engine is between 49 and 51 all the time :D

So, this object + my new draw system = awesome FPS :P :P :P

PS: now you can jump or skid during the rolling animation :P

I will put in the game options the possibilitie to choose the value of the "application priority" object; so for you, by exiting all your application and running only "Sonic 360°" (yeah, new title) and setting the "application priority" to "real time" you should get the max FPS :P

I tried this mode and it worked realy well!!!

No crash down or anything wrong!

;)

PS: oups, i got a crash during playing, it's the first time and i didn't get it again, i dunno if it's becaue i use "applcation pririty" object and my computer got overbooked or not..

BUT, i worked a lot on collisions and now the slopes have collisions on the sides :P

Ok so for the moment this object is deasable, you can enable it in the option and definate how you want it to improve the pririty of the application!

Can help for people where the game is running to fast, by using a negative value! (well not tried yet XD)

Well, right now, i added a system to stop the player when he is near of a fall.. I don't know if i'll keep it or not as the player lose all his speed when he is stopped... it's sucking... well, you can't fall for nithing... hmm hard to know if i keep it or not...

PS: Finally it works as i want it to work, so i keep it :P

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

xtreme90kh6.png

I get 49 of FPS and i'm not using the Application pririty object :P

The levels will be like the sonic xtreme levels to improve the framerate ;)

So it will be flying levels :)

Top news!!!

xtreme91ya1.png

My friend BosserJerome, the creator of sonic gl, fixed the texturing problem i had with the 3D models, it's too ool ^^, very thanks to him, he is the best :P

Well you now that MMF can't handle too many objects at the same time on the screen, so you can't see a lot in front of you, with this camera angle, the level is more reallistic, you don't see all the hole yo see on the other screens because you are too far from an object, well, it's right that with the sprite it's not very good...

[edit]

I think this angle is better:

xtreme93qe0.png

yes, so the rock texture si now fixed :P

xtreme94il1.png

I'm actually remaking the Ycollisions engine, for the moment all is done without the slopes... now it's very very hard and complicate to get them working :S

Always trying to fix them! I wish i will not be forced to delete them O_O;

Sorry to double-post but...

YAY!!!! I LOVE MY BRAIN XD

Now the slope code is fully working, i found how to get it wrking back perfectly with this new awesome Ycolision engine :P

I'm proud of me ^^

So, the slopes stay in the engine :P YAY!!!

Thats what i posted on the old forums when this one got hacked, thank to larkss to ave me a working link to this forum, so i repost the news:

Actually the slope engine is complete with shadow support :P

xtreme95bc3.png

But now, i use too many events in mmf... so when i want to edit an event in the event editor, all ****ed up and the source is destroyed... So i'm forced to use the line by line editor to work... really annoying....................... But it's working, and the engine is near from its end ^^