A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Xtreme Remix

Dobermann

You.. know what Sonic Xtreme is, right? All they did was use a sprite in a psuedo-3D environment with a fisheye lens.

:o heh, lol. Forgot all about that. Sometimes I just make quick answer without thinking.

Anyways, ya, two movies with one showing the 360 and the other the Extreme for comparison would be nice. It's kinda hard to decide right now.

Ah, I see. I thought you might be able to select steep ones or ones that stretch to the length of two block pieces to lower the steepness of the slope you showed in the pic. Anyway though, it's awesome to see something other than flat land. Good luck with the project.

BTW, would it be possible to apply a texture with animation by having several pics and making a system for the texture to go through each pic in order? That way you could have moving water and a water fall and such. If you already did it ( can't remember the last demo too well ), then never mind it.

I'm not working on the loopongs for the moment (very hard!!!)

The water is animated; and i think you don't really undersound what i'm doing... For the moment i'm making a game, the level editor is for my personnal use!

I'm not doing a sonic game maker program :o

It's looking real nice so far. The model of the rock looks very decent, it just needs the corrected texture like you said.

Seeing this is making me wanna attempt to make my own 3D game. Too bad my computer wouldn't handle it.

Just outta curiousity, seeing these 3D models makes me wonder if you're going to make the monitors in 3D. ( If there is any )

Yay, finally a way to complete the act. When I see you charging your spindash in that pic, I think of how dangerous it must be since you would most likely fly off the edge due to the speed. I'm not saying to change anything, it's just that pic is giving me an o-noes feeling. =/

Thats just the beta level test!

And if ou don't want to fall, dont do a spindash in front of a fall :P

Maybe i should add the skid for the spindash... well like you make your spindash and you press backward to skid, so you stop the spindash and don't fall! What do you think of that?

:3

Yeah, thank you DW :P

IF i don't find anyone to help me with my models prob, could you help me?

[qimg]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1166/xtreme87ma5.png[/qimg]

Endpanel ^

I'd hate to make a commitment on anything, but I'll help you if I have spare time I'll make some stuff for you and I certainly won't have any trouble throwing you some of my generic models that I've made like goalposts and whatnot.

Yeah thank you man ^^

Don't forget to connect you to your MSn account sometimes when you have time! :D

[edit]

xtreme88un8.png

Spykes added :D

But i can't add a skid move for the spindash BECAUSE when you do the rolling or the spindash, you lose the control of sonic until its speed is equal 0!

But don't worry, i will not make a sonic xtreme level style :P