A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

I realy hated this May, because nothing promised for this month came out, but this week was the best of the year. Thank you Lake and everyone. Too bad I can't play now, though, since I'm watching Doctor Who, and I don't want to miss any of it. The inconvenience of the jetlag.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I made it to Cyan City act 2 after getting the fourth chaos emerald. I spawned in some wall and got stuck over it. Maybe the fact that the stage switched just as sonic hit one of those vertical springs is to blame? Also, the main menu lists both the spindash and the peel-out as "jump+down".

EDIT: the game seems to enjoy bombing me with an error saying "Cannot create file in temporary directory!" when I start it.

and the save file is called ATSave hahahaha

EDIT2: And the thing orbiting those orbinauts in CCZ2 doesn't disappear immediately when I destroy them.

By the way, the difficulty curve for the special stages feels all over the place. I had more trouble with SS2 than with SS5...

EDIT3: I just saw sonic use his horizontal spinning animation on a vertical pole in TTZ1. I had the kirby power, by the way. And jumping into a giant ring with a fire shield allows you to completely break the special stage.

I beat Moon Mansion's boss, and when I went to Redhot Ride I was stuck in the standing pose and could only move. Couldn't jump or roll or spindash or anything

Also the transition to Redhot Ride is kind of abrupt. You watch the robot's oddly specific video thing and then suddenly you're in the middle of the mountains lol

So I (apparently) just beat the Parhelion Peak boss... and it just keeps rumbling forever after the purple bot explodes. What am I supposed to do?

EDIT: playing it on story mode seemed to get the bug to fix itself. I have no idea what happened.

It's so tempting not to spoil everything for myself by seeing what others are saying about this game, as it rapidly downloads onto my computer...

I guess the only thing I wanted to say now that it is released is that this is the first time that I've looked forward to a fan-game with the same enthusiasm as I do official game releases. Thank you Lake, Falk, and everybody else involved!

Just finished the game and played some of the special acts I've managed to unlock so far, and WOW This game is so insanely good, absolutely incredible!! And the soundtrack is just like BTS's, one of the best video game OTS's ever, you all knocked it outta the park again thank you guys so much!!

The worst glitch in the game and I wonder if anyone will beat this, is that on my first time running through Technology tree act 2, after clearing the level, THE UFO SURVIVED, the camera panned upwards after clearing the end post when it wasn't supposed to for this level, and the ufo went up the screen along with it so the cannonball missed it.

Luckily when I tried the level again after beating the game the ufo did get destroyed at the end this time, so it's hopefully a rare occuring glitch, it's hilarious but also the worst since the thing that tortures you through that level gets to escape as the end. XDDD

This was well worth the wait for getting essentially all the glitches out and finishing the soundtrack, well done.

I ran into quite a few glitches actually. Not that they were major.

Also, I'm stuck in Sugar Splash's special act. I launch up the ramp at the start, land on the platform and... a wall.

And can you upload the cutscenes as well? The cutscenes lag in-game for me, and the SWF files don't have the music :<

Guest Mr Lange
I ran into quite a few glitches actually. Not that they were major.

Also, I'm stuck in Sugar Splash's special act. I launch up the ramp at the start, land on the platform and... a wall.

And can you upload the cutscenes as well? The cutscenes lag in-game for me, and the SWF files don't have the music :<

Someone will upload the cutscenes I'm sure.

There's a little niche in the wall underwater. Land on the tiny edge and keep moving right; the wall is fake (indicated by tiny transparent cuts in the brick).

The OST isn't fully put together yet, Falk's working on it.

The very end of the game felt rather underwhelming for a reason that'll be clear to those who play it, but regardless the level of eyebrow-raising stuff in this game is very high. Congrats for you, ATS Team.

The only major glitch I got was the already known Parhelion Peak boss. If more people also get it, restart the level until it works.

Encountered an odd bug in Moonlight mansion act1. I completed the act, sonic went off screen, screen began fading to black, then the death sound happened and I had to do the level all over again. Wasn't able to replicate it but it was interesting none the less. I'm pretty impressed with the game so far. Fantastic job guys!

If any of my past conversations with LakeFeperd on MSN are anything to go by… He highly likely won’t be patching this game after this first release. I think he told me he doesn’t like to go back on things he considers finished and likes to move on with his life, And prefers to work on new games ETC from what I remember. So good luck to you guys with getting him to do more patches. Because I know I didn’t. Hohoo~

I don't think the ending was underwhelming, but after seeing that pic that Falk has used ever since the beginning on his soundcloud as part of Dream Dance it was a bit surprising to find out that bit was only at the very last moment as a cutscene, I was expecting a final form on that bit and I think there should've been, however when you look back at everything we did get from the final bosses, I can't see how people think the ending's underwhelming.

Not sure Lake why you chose to put the latest save point when you load game after already beating it, at credits zone. I would've preferred for it to save at act 3 of the final zone like BTS did, it's a bit annoying to have to go through boss rush mode/all of Storm Station in level select to fight it.

Btw, what is up with that serious/mysterious room where the music changes with all the switches at the end of Parhelion Peak act 3 just before the sign post? Whenever I press a switch it just makes the previous ones turn back to normal, what is the point of that room? Not sure if I want this answered or not, think I just want to find out for myself.