A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

Of course. I understand. Mighty is enough to look forward to anyway. Speaking of which...I randomly found Mecha Sonic floating in the air in Cyan City Zone in the demo. Just floating there....I found it hilarious xD Glitch?

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually while it was dumb of him to not think "hmm maybe I shouldn't bring up the sprite of a known villian in the sonic franchise that I just found in this game right after we talked about NOT talking about knuckles", the "shhh" was more of a giveaway then anything else, please just think before posting, you could've pm'd him that. Everyone wants to mention everything under the sun for some reason. Anyway, for realsies, shhh.

Actually while it was dumb of him to not think "hmm maybe I shouldn't bring up the sprite of a known villian in the sonic franchise that I just found in this game right after we talked about NOT talking about knuckles", the "shhh" was more of a giveaway then anything else, please just think before posting, you could've pm'd him that. Everyone wants to mention everything under the sun for some reason. Anyway, for realsies, shhh.

Did you even read his post? It's quite obviously a bug, unless you're somehow suggesting that a floating Mecha Sonic Sprite doing absolutely nothing except breaking the game is actually intentional and totally a spoiler.

Also, he said the demo. Not the beta test, the DEMO. THE DEMO THAT EVERYBODY IS FREE TO PLAY AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BETA TESTING. It's no more a spoiler than OMG GUYS MIGHTY APPEARS IN FOLIAGE FURNACE BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT

*sigh...* I'd also think people are allowed to talk about what they see in a demo that they already own. Knuckles was just a thought that passed my head while Mecha Sonic who like Blitznburst said, is just a bug. I just thought it was funny that's all. Merely a funny observation...there's a million funny stuff floating around the demo if you search hard enough....if they are clues or not, who knows? I just like searching around stages when I know them well enough. Don't all people do that? :o I apologize again if I've caused any problems...

Yeah. Just liek that random Super Monitor I found in the middle of Cyan City that never showed up again. Or the random chunks of level design that appear if you float high enough with the R key. It's probably just something to do with the way Sonic Worlds handles it's levels. Hell, if you skip to Death Egg Zone in the middle of the Silver Sonic fight in BTS, the Sonic 3&k boss theme starts playing.

Or maybe that was when you skipped to the mini egg mech. I'm not entirely sure.

Did you even read his post? It's quite obviously a bug, unless you're somehow suggesting that a floating Mecha Sonic Sprite doing absolutely nothing except breaking the game is actually intentional and totally a spoiler.

Also, he said the demo. Not the beta test, the DEMO. THE DEMO THAT EVERYBODY IS FREE TO PLAY AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BETA TESTING. It's no more a spoiler than OMG GUYS MIGHTY APPEARS IN FOLIAGE FURNACE BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT

Um, first of all calm down, you're making this a bigger thing then it is, and I would've thought the same thing, if Chaoslord one of the guys beta testing the final game didn't get a bit panicked about being hush hush about it. Maybe he was just joking, but it's hard to tell when you're only reading text, it sounds suspicious.

And sorry Salazard, just seems that sometimes either people start asking questions about the end of the game or in this case someone else gives a pointless suspicious sounding reply to a normal comment, it's getting annoying. I'm sorry if it turns out I'm wrong about Chaoslord's comment, but how can I read that any other way?

Anyway This doesn't need to go any further, no need to confirm or unconfirm anything, let's just move on.

LAWL, you're a bit hostile, aren't you? 'twas but a joke!

<3 p.s. Darth Vader is Sonic's father.

Well I wonder if that's a joke or not XD. Seriously though online there are some things you can't recognize in text, but some are (der) obvious. Anyway in future I just won't read deeply into any comments about ATS as anything.

*cough*

Oh god that menu music! I'm just gonna have the menu open in the background just to have that playing! xD

On the subject of glitches, and a little off topic, I know this is way late but:

I found this in BtS an hour ago when flying off a ramp into the ceiling in Lost Levels Act 1. The music playing in the background is the S3 boss music, and the player is trapped in the wall on the top right corner of the screen.

Just thought it was interesting.

*cough*

ohey Mecha Sonic! I didn't see you there hiding there! xD

I'm guessing that the Mecha Sonic bug has something to do with the version of the engine that Lake used.

But anyways, lol ChaosLord, just lol...

Guest Mr Lange

Lol this is more or less why Lake broke up the Knuckles talk; so this wouldn't happen.

Mecha Sonic is a boss demonstration in the Worlds engine. Instead of deleting the object, Lake just moves it far out of the way. Under normal circumstances you would never find it, but with debug you can find it if you look enough.

So that Mecha Sonic sprite doesn't mean squat. Quit fighting about it.

*sigh*....are you done? If you read our posts in order, it had already settled down, and we were laughing about it, so, those last two posts were utterly pointless and just brought the mood down again for no reason. Do you still want to go on and on so that I can get called hostile by another person simply because I made a perfectly normal request? Or can we carry on talking about the game now?

I wonder what other effects Lake's used for the special acts, and if there is a Storm Station special act what background changes could he do there.

I was sort of hoping the current intro was being replaced, it felt like a placeholder to me because it was just using the in game sprites and was basic in general, where as BTS '12 has the new cutscene sprites from ATS and was a lot more cinematic, but since the new track is the same length as the intro it's probably there to stay.