A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it seems that jumping while in Redhot Ride act 2's lava after a fire dash is quite a challenge. Also, I found a weird item box in Horizon Heights act 1 that gave me a blue shield, which went yellow, then red, then disappeared and destroyed all the on-screen enemies. What in the universe is that supposed to be?

EDIT: I can record the game fine, but do note that I get slowdown in some levels.

So, it seems that jumping while in Redhot Ride act 2's lava after a fire dash is quite a challenge. Also, I found a weird item box in Horizon Heights act 1 that gave me a blue shield, which went yellow, then red, then disappeared and destroyed all the on-screen enemies. What in the universe is that supposed to be?

I think this was answered already. It's just a placeholder (Although when the shield disappears it destroys all enemies on-screen so it's not entirely pointless)

About the not jumping with fire shield, sorry, but i cant do anything about that, it's probably just another glitch of Worlds 0.5.

And the shield, yeah, it was just a placeholder, i was going to replace it with something else, but i totally forgot about it.

btw, here is a very spoiler heavy screen shot

eAKNz.png

Hm. I seem to remember that level from a past screenshot. I think it had Tails in it.

Can't remember though lol. Either way it looks incredibly badass. A lot of detail in there (For some reason the blue checkerboard pattern in the background stands out to me even though I doubt it's impotant)

Also, I noticed that if you're playing as Tails in Foliage Furnace it's still Tails in the vehicle plane thing. I hope that's corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

So... we originally said months ago that we'd keep the soundtrack under wraps till release unlike BTS, but considering the situation now I guess we'll switch gears to releasing -some- stuff up till the actual game goes out.

Lake definitely went superhuman-mode at regarding how fast the game was done and it's kinda silly that the music's holding it back, but I promise good things come to those who wait.

In the meantime:

https://soundcloud.com/falk-2/tea-with-ellie-for-cyan-city

edit:

https://soundcloud.com/tunners/ghosts-with-guitars-moonlight

This game is really great. I like the entire scenario behind it just like before the sequel. Hopefully the soundtrack can catch up quickly so you're fans can see what you've made this time. On the demo there was an error for some people where you couldn't actually play it. Only the title screen then you pick the character you want and boom it just turns off, any ideas why?

WOW. This game looks a lot better than BTS...

... and BTS was fantastic! Also, have you considered Mighty to be a playable character? He could play like a heavier, stronger Sonic. The bowling ball to Sonic's pinball. I think putting him in could also give your music team more time to work at the soundtrack.

All in all, great work, Lake!

How so?

I do know the in-game versions of many SA tracks are different from the OST versions though, especially things like establishing loop points for songs that have discrete startings/endings on the OST for example (some of which require arrangement changes) but I don't know if that's what you're referring to.

I think I heard that before. Just wanted to make sure. They are the most high level quality sonic music i have ever heard in a sonic game.

I really hope that after the sequel's improvements are gonna make it get some major recognition. Gotta be honest lake but i'd gladly wish for you to be rewarded for your game design. You don't only have alot of creativity, but also lots of good taste as well.

Guest Mr Lange
I hope the original foilage furnace zone music stays (all of em, or at least the 2 from the demo)

The music for those stages will either be remade as non-megadrive versions, or new songs that are similar. If so, the original songs will probably be moved to the alternate stages Lake mentioned.

The music for those stages will either be remade as non-megadrive versions, or new songs that are similar. If so, the original songs will probably be moved to the alternate stages Lake mentioned.

I think the former would be the best way to do it. It's just pure perfection. Great job mr lange. Im a big fan of the genesis SF and you just nailed that SEGA sound

Well that doesn't sound too bad. We get sexy new Falk-ified versions and still get to listen to the originals in another place.