A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

GBA reccomendations?

Yeah it was Fists of Mars, I always wanted to try a Zone of the Enders game...

And I could never play normal Megaman games, which is why I like Battle Network. I could only beat two levels of Maverick Hunter X before I traded it in a couple months after I bought it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was Fists of Mars, I always wanted to try a Zone of the Enders game...

And I could never play normal Megaman games, which is why I like Battle Network. I could only beat two levels of Maverick Hunter X before I traded it in a couple months after I bought it.

In my opinion Fist of Mars wasn't that interesting...but I guess it's because I'm too used to ZOE1 and ZOE2 with high speed robot action instead of slow strategic battles. :P (And I'm a graphics whore ._.) But then again, this is GBA game topic so other ZOE games are out of question.

.zlurecanvdayoblausiV

But if you must know..

Gunstar Heroes

MMZ 1-4 (havent played 4 yet)

Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure (i think thats the name)

Dragonball Z Supersonic Warriors (its pretty fun. havent played 2 though)

Sonic Advance (get 2 and 3 if you must, but i enjoyed 1 alot more.)

Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past (i havent even played the GBA remake, but if its anything like the orginal, GET IT.)

Metroid: Zero Mission (it was tons-o-fun playing old metroid with new graphix and addons.)

Sonic Battle (loved Chaos's music for some reason)

Happy GBA'ing!

Astro Boy: Omega Factor. I hate anime, but I gave this game a chance since my friend was raving about it. It is intensly awesome and difficult.

Megaman & Bass is a fun port and since I also hate the Megaman alternate universes created during the GBA era, it rocked. It's HARD as hell using Megaman. Of course, using Bass is a cakewalk.

Mario Tennis: Power Tour was amazing as well, because I had no idea that the GBA was capable of that. The gameplay is solid and smooth and the RPG single-player campaign is really fun and time consuming.

Yay! PG's back!

I went and got Mario vs. Donkey Kong. I have until tomorrow to return it, so if I beat it tonight, I might just trade it in.

I didn't beat it because I was a fricken idiot and forgot my Lite's charger at home, an d it doesn't use the charger the DS and GBA SP use, so I played with the volume off and the screen on the lowest setting. I ran out of juice at the last world. I'm catching up with everything I missed this week (zomg TMNT trailer, Penny Arcade, VG cats, myspace comments, etc.) but I'll probably finish it tonight (I gotta go to work and see when I'm working and get my paycheck. I'mn probably working the usual morning shift tomorrow, which sucks >.<)

Oh, and I got burned badly at the beach, even though there was no sun that day. My arms are really tan, but everything else is pastey white, except my feet, which are a nice bright pink...I woke up many times when the sheets at the hotel rubbed my burned feet and legs...

Guest Shadix

meh... I didn't like CoM much. It seemed like a halfbaked rendition of the console game with a different (and a bit of cheese) story and a sort of annoying card system.

I felt kinda the same way I felt with MPH's single player, it reaked of simplicity and suck. (although CoM has excellent graphics.)

--

I picked up FF1&2: Dawn of Souls the other day. If you haven't played the originals or want the games shaken and stirred a bit you should definetely check it out. (I CANNOT wait until FF3 for DS comes out... I freaking love the NES version.)