A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

GBA reccomendations?

So my parents (my mom, mostly) are forcing me to come on one last family vacation, even though the place we're going (Cape Cod) has been our destination 80% of the vacations I've atended, and that I can be legally left home alone. Bleh.

Anyways, I'll probably finish Tales of Phantasia on the ride there, and I've played almosgt every worthwhile DS game (in the US. I'd love to import Jump Superstars)

Any GBA reccomendations? I get through games really quickly, so something lengthy would be great. I don't have many GBA games, so reccomend whatever you like.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have very many games myself, but I would highly recommend the last two CastleVania games for it: Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow. Excellent platformers very worthy of being in the series. Both Metroid games were pretty good, too (Fusion and Zero Mission).

Hope this helps. ^.^

Fire Emblem (both of 'em)

I have the one with Roy in it, but it's in Japanese.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

If it's a remake of the Donkey Kong for GB, it should be good. If not, go to used store, and buy it. Along with an old Gameboy if all you have is a DS.

[Note, NOT Donkey Kong Country.]

Mega Man Zero 4, from what I've played, is the easiest of the series. It's actually pretty disappointing in that sense. I guess they were trying to make up for Mega Man Zero 3's difficulty. They're both worth checking out, though.

Fire Emblem and Advance Wars are also good.

MMZ2 kicked my ass. There was this one level that I spend hours on. Then I played hard mode. I didn't know you couldn't get any armor in hard move, so I played through that in vain.

I kinda want to just get to the conclusion, though. Would I be able to understand Z4 if I skip Z3?

I beat the first Fire Emblem. I spent long nights on that game's 3 stories. I didn't like the second one, though. I didn't like the characters much, hated the music, and just got tired of it.

Anywho, I'm going to work in about an hour, so I'll have to see what they have in stock.