A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Skywind: Episode II

TailsSena

Just took this for a run, and I must say I'm very impressed so far! n_n

You're physics seem pretty sweet so far in comparison to most Sonic Fan Games, and I'm loving your menu layouts too - their very sleek, very polished - and really help make a nice first impression for the player. I can't seem to spot out any flaws apart from what has already been mentioned by other members of the forum, so...yeah, kudos. :D

• 3 weeks later...

While Act 1 of Leafgreen isn't quite finished, I'm going ahead onto Act 2. Finally a good setting for an optional boss, Act 2 is very dark, in the middle of a dense forest. Who is this optional boss? Well....

marionette.PNG

Will it be easy? Noooo...

I have more than one attack planned for her, and let's settle for, "you might die a few times."

While Act 1 of Leafgreen isn't quite finished, I'm going ahead onto Act 2. Finally a good setting for an optional boss, Act 2 is very dark, in the middle of a dense forest. Who is this optional boss? Well....

[qimg]http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis/sf1/marionette.PNG[/qimg]

Will it be easy? Noooo...

I have more than one attack planned for her, and let's settle for, "you might die a few times."

I'm speechless. Here, a video to demonstrate what I'm thinking right now:

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I'm trying to come up with concepts.... Here's what I've got for a plot...

"Serah and Robotnik had two children, then Serah ran off with the younger, Toby. the older, Terry, opted to stay with her father, Robotnik...

16 years later, Serah and Toby are with Sonic when Robotnik and Terry show up with their latest invention; X. Out of mourning for the son he lost, Robitnik had wanted to make it a benevolent creature, just like his son... But Terry, having learned how to code and hack, corrupted it, and made it destroy everything out of jealousy... Including herself... And so it begins, All against X, trying to save the worlds from destruction and ruin."

Cheesy, but totally WIP.

Sorry, I'm trying to come up with concepts.... Here's what I've got for a plot...

"Serah and Robotnik had two children, then Serah ran off with the younger, Toby. the older, Terry, opted to stay with her father, Robotnik...

16 years later, Serah and Toby are with Sonic when Robotnik and Terry show up with their latest invention; X. Out of mourning for the son he lost, Robitnik had wanted to make it a benevolent creature, just like his son... But Terry, having learned how to code and hack, corrupted it, and made it destroy everything out of jealousy... Including herself... And so it begins, All against X, trying to save the worlds from destruction and ruin."

Cheesy, but totally WIP.

No one here cares about your shitty contrived plot. Don't bump your topic if you don't have any material to show for it. If you absolutely must have a topic to discuss direction, make it about a game and not about a fanfic.

• 3 weeks later...

@Blazefire: mp3's, and some wmv's in the gallery.

@Sotsug: I guess it is a little fast, huh...

@Streak: Converter please? I know .ogg's are ridiculously small but I can't make them.

@Justin: .7z? No problem. Good luck with those Physics. What I had to do myself was a bitch, that's for sure.

Use audiacity to convert any kind of file to ogg its what i use.

I like the introduction, menu, character select, music, but you should reconsider on the game play. You know make it unique something you think is pretty cool.

Goldwave is another good choice for that task, it's lightweight and efficient. Whichever way you do it, you really should be using OGG for your game.

Hey man, I only played the latest build, so apologies if this is all stuff that has been said before;

- movement feels unnatural. It's not so much max speed that's a problem as the acceleration. Sonic goes from 0-max too quickly. I think his current max speed is great, just slow the acceleration curve down.

- jump is too powerful and floaty, but it works for the established level design, so...

- I don't get the point of the partner characters! Is there a way to use their abilities like in SA3, or are they just for show like Tails in Sonic 2? Maybe there's an obvious way to use them, but I'm not stumbling across it. :P

- the silliest nitpick but also the easiest fix suggestion; add a 'no' sound effect for if you try and pick a 'wrong' option, namely selecting Sonic as a partner if he's your main. Yeah, it's obvious, but it's little things like that which really flesh these things out. ;D

It's still rough around the edges, but it wasn't a chore to play, so you must be doing something right! :D