A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Skywind: Episode II

TailsSena

Alright, since I can see this as my permanent project, I'm starting a thread for it.

New information in this post: Added 1.5 player local multiplayer. Player 2 must use a USB controller with some form of up, down, left, right, and fire 1. Oh, and like in the old games, the AI will take over after a few seconds of inactivity.

Updated 2012年09月04日... New title

Oh... Hey, I'm bad at this. :asweatdrop:

...Uhhhhmmm.... Yes, there's online multiplayer, not really co-op yet... Only one little blit of a level, more like a playzone or lobby. I'm really bad at level design. Haven't tested it with more than two players though... Wonder how it does with 3. Or 4... so-on...

As said above, player two can take over the partner with a joypad, but is not seen online. (Too taxing to send data for two characters.) On that note, online play is very... dysfunctional. I mean, it WORKS, but it's no where near done. You will only ever see your friends as greyscale Sonic with a nametag. Sounds fun, huh?

Sorry for double post, but having troubles... How on EARTH do I make the damned rings work ONE AT A TIME!!?? When I pick one up, they all go away. Didn't used to happen, but I've been trying to make it so that the sparkle only shows up on ONE ring, and this is what I get. (It used to sparklify all of them and lag down to "0" fps for about a minute, until they went away.)

EDIT: Okay, got it half working... You only pick up one at a time... Good. But the sparkle doesn't appear...

EDIT2: Ehh... Now it works, but not as many sparkles appear as should.

UPDATE: Okay, totally useless post, it works fine now.

If you're doing this alone TailsSena, this isn't going to work. When I get back from LosAngeles. I'll discuss with you how this project is going to pan out and assist/guide you with it.

Oh and Uh,

For no reason. I was bored.

Very nice! Thank you in advance, I suppose.

How do you make that kind of stuff? Is it practical without Photoshop?

Oh yeah, if there was any intent for me to use that, it's much too big.

IabwM.png

It would have to be THIS size... THAT much (the resizing part) I can do myself no problem.

Thank you in advance, I suppose.

No pun intended, I take it? xD

Anyway, looking good. ^_^ If this project is open sourced, then it should be simple enough for others to tweak the screen resolution if they wish. On the subject of screen sizes being too small, I'm surprised there hasn't been a sonic game yet (minus the racing titles like R and Riders) that utilizes a minimap.

Well aware. I'm using PSP resolution so you can *gasp* actually see what's about to smack you in the face. Something that happens far too rarely (if ever) in Sonic games.
That's nice and all, but considering this is a Sonic Advance Worlds, you should try to make this as technically accurate as possible, just as Worlds does.

I just realised it's wrong, I missed something out.....

Here:

There.

Edit: Yeah... it is inaccurate. When I return home I'll make you another one.

What's the difference? I saw nothing.

@Sparks: I'm expanding the resolution simply because I can't stand Advance's lack of visability. Sonic Advance: Worlds is sort of a project codename. May not be final.

Alright, just attached a little demo. I disable Options since it's not finished. Fire1 defaults to A, if you want something else, hit Ctrl+Alt+P to change the controls.