A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] Sonic Dash+ Project

I did these credits in like 5 mins. If I missed anyone for anything don't take it personally I'm just forgetful at times. Give me a swift give up the arse and I'll add you. Any other categories need adding?

Also the whole Project Leaders thing, OverBound would you like to be credited for that or Kris? After all you two did lead your own project of modifying it and you have get an eye over things and fixed bugs and what-not.

Let me know what to change, I haven't implemented it yet so don't worry :)

Sonic Dash+ Credits

Original Sonic Dash Engine

Damizean & RogueYoshi

Project Leaders

Chronic

Engine Modifications

OverBound

Kirs

AeroGP

Power Hedgehog

Chronic

Programming Contributions

Damizean

RogueYoshi

OverBound

Kirs

AeroGP

Power Hedgehog

Chronic

Toaster1

Mr. S

Delta Hedgehog

JetHawk95

Graphical Help

OverBound

BlazefireLP

Delta Hedgehog

Toaster1

JetHawk95

Chronic

EarthmasterT

Mr. S

Conceptual Contributions

OverBound

Kirs

Chronic

Toaster1

Mr. S

Dark Raven X

JetHawk95

EarthmasterT

BlazefireLP

Asuma

Sonic The Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower, Knuckles The Echidna and all related characters are property of SEGA Inc. and SONIC TEAM.

Chronic, I guess I'll give you the entire code base of Sonic Genesis soon. I just need to get to my home computer, and then I'll send it to you via PM. Ok?

Hopefully that will help you. It has a disclaimer screen and a credits screen you can easily modify and a bunch of other stuff. It even has badniks, but they were really terribly coded. Hopefully when you get it you can right my wrongs.

Also, just a note: Although the credits screen only allows for block capitals with my version, if you can make a full font please refer to me as either toaster1 or TOASTER1. Toaster1 just makes me think of a silly thingy I remember from a few months ago. :P

Changes in my version:

-Sonic, Super Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all now have genesis sprites.

-You can now die. I have not however made a game over yet.

-Sega intro and Title Screen.

-Flippers added.

-The chute from green hill zone added but is still slightly buggy.

-Blue/Purple spring from Sonic XG added.

-Began fixes on signpost. Camera has now been coded to not travel further than it. Will fix vertical scrolling and create an End Act position.

-Bug fixes in general.

To be added/done:

-Completely fix End Act Sign post.

-Completely fix Green Hill chute.

-Add diagonal springs.

-Clean up sprites.

-Add Game over.

Shitty MIDIs? They're the same MIDIs that were in vanilla SDASH. What's the problem with em?

Could you be a bit more specific about what's broken or "wrong" with it? It's a WIP, so obviously stuff isn't 100% yet. And it won't get there if you're not a little more descriptive of what the problem is.

Chronic! Just the Super Peel Out for Super Sonic is the 'big' thing I picked up on, and it's not that big I guess.

Had a little graphical glitch in the chute (Sonic appeared to stand up at the curve), but functionally it's great.

And this may be more of a request than a problem: for the end of level signpost, how about having "Sonic got through" appear much sooner after touching it? Leave the countdown for a few seconds, but have the text appear right after hitting the post?

Anyway, cheers for the hard work. It's shaping up nicely. :D

It lets you know using MIDIs in 2011 is like a 2004 move. Here is some things then.

-Sonic's mask has the complete wrong size or his sprite has a horrible hotspot.

"Example of it: When you go near a wall, change direction and you notice Sonic is FAR from the wall, then close to it.

-Selecting a character when you already selected a character.

"Example of it: At the start, there is a menu Player1 Player2. You select the characters their only to be brought to another screen where you do the exact same thing but it "apparently" saves.

-Presentation: Most of the presentation is very questionable. It even goes as far as the BG in the title and menu not tiling correctly and/or looking blurry as hell.

-Sonic blinks too fast when being hurt and Eggman doesn't even look like he is blinding when you hit him "like the HUD".

-Dust should be in-front of Sonic's sprite, not behind.

-Sonic's animations have some serious speed issues. Spin-dash int a wall really fast, watch the animation speed burst out of control.

-Effects some of the effects are a bit unnecessary and odd. Take the Enemy destroy for example. If you wanted this to be a good engine for people to use. Stay away from customizary changes.

-Sonic Can look down but not up. O_O

-When having a shield, get hurt. Invincibility starts.

-Touch the end-sign backwards sonic will moon walk off the screen.

Those are just some of the things I noticed on quick play-through. This needs a lot of work to be as nearly as worthy as something like SonicWorlds is or an even decent usable engine . IMO this has some ways to go before maintaining a good solid stream of polish.

-