A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

If they wanted to use a GOOD fighting system with the Werehog, they should've ripped off Devil May Cry instead, which is nigh-superior when it comes to the fighting system, even David Jaffe said as much.

Edit: And as for the platforming, they should've ripped off Prince of Persia: Sands of Time or something.

About the sonic heroes thing?

I was actually playing it today.

Team Dark + Rail Canyon and got a real sense of speed and rhythm.

I actually really like the game but I can see where your coming from with the "Big and Empty" feel. It just feels like it needed something more to finish it off. Theres nothing special about it, Just models and simple textures, It needed some more "umph!"..

As for the werehog fighting it was the repetitiveness I found annoying. The lack of different enemies

And I did'nt really wanna hear Jazzy Blues music while bashing enemies.

While I must say I am impressed with how they are handling it visually, I'm kinda wary of Dimps' working on the 3DS Generations. Especially considering their results with Sonic 4, I think I just might stick to the regular console version, which thankfully doesn't appear to have the slightest footprint of Dimps in it.

"Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic must defeat this strange new enemy, save their friends, and find out who really is behind this diabolical deed..."

Wonder who its going to be :ahuh:

I had a real good vision yesterday of the last boss been Eggman/Robotnick In his latest invention and saying

"Theres no way you can stop me Sonic!"

And you just see Sonic in the shadows "It's game over doc..."

"Hahaha, You and what army??"

And then the shadows clear and Modern sonics at the front and behind him is all different sonics from, Classic Sonic, Sonic 3D Sonic adventure DX , Sonic adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes.

Eggman would be like "OOoooh shit :O"

Thatd be epic.

Fang is on the wanted posters throughout City Escape. Possible return? I sure as hell hope so.

Sure he hasn't been around much, but he was always one of my favorite villains. He's a badass cowboy with a gun, and he's motivated by nothing but greed. He's something that the series hasn't had too often.

Though I didn't like the graphics somehow... they look too... I dunno.

I know what you mean.

I think it's that the level...really doesn't look much like the original level. It's okay to get really creative with the 2D titles, but with levels that began in 3D, i actually kind long for a stage that included pretty much every segment that the 3D one did, just extended.

Doesn't really look like City Escape. It looks like Modern sonic running through a city.

This kind of thing is primarily where my argument about keeping the 2D in the modern stages to a bare minimum comes from.

as for the classic gameplay....i am REALLY impressed. I kept a smile on my face the whole level. I dont know WHAT illusion they cast, but it seriously feels like a true throwback. FOR REAL this time.

Well, gameplay impressions are coming in from various places and there seems to be a general split in opinions. Game Trailers is already calling the game as a flop. Other sites like OMGN seem to like the game for the most part.

Honestly, as long as the design principals from the Genesis games are present, and as long as 3D gameplay remains at at least the level of Colors, I'm good to go.

Although I hear the 3DS version is going with Sonic 4's craptacular design principals, including unfurling. Joy.

That Truck must really want sonic dead... I mean Saws, chase on top of buildings and Walls!

@Spike: Really Where? Now I'm hoping to see a "mighty" cameo!

It was the E3 video that gamerdude posted in the E3 thread, where they're showing classic Sonic playing through City Escape. I'm not sure exactly where, but there was an area where the truck was chasing Sonic through some scaffolding, and for a second when Sonic gets close to the wall, it zooms in and you can see a poster on the wall. If you pause, you can see that it says "WANTED:" and shows a headshot of Fang, in all of his devious glory.

On the Sonic Stadium, people were saying that they saw "Missing:" posters of Mighty, Ray, Bean, and Bark too. Hahaha