A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Dash (Open Source WIP)

no no, you misunderstand

you have no sense of humor.

I was talking about Damizean. <_<

Finally, I couldn't find the bit, and i think its possibiliy already programmed in, but is it possible to have the drowning countdown music with the 'bubble numbers' and 'air bubbles to gulp if ure desperate'. I have included a pcx file i had with them resources in.

I will post a tutorial later on...

ty. lol im suprised you got to it :P

i found a glitch with it, and me + rogueyoshi have fixed it, but the 'filefront/darthcrap2' still has the version with the glitch in it.

(glitch was that the objStartPlace needs to be placed at 8 pixels or more - which it isn't)

post all boss ideas

(geese i hope yoshi dont mind) :P

ive already got one which may be suitable for the 'final zone'... whenever that comes but its one of the ones where the screen is continuesly scrolling (like SA2 boses do), which ill have to work out how to do

ive already got one which may be suitable for the 'final zone'... whenever that comes but its one of the ones where the screen is continuesly scrolling (like SA2 boses do), which ill have to work out how to do

You could do it in two ways.

1) Make a camera effect. When you reach the boss, the camera starts moving to the right. When it reaches a certain position, put the camera plus the boss and Sonic back to the start. This must be done cleverly though by positioning the objects just right so you don't even notice you've moved back to the beginning.

2) Instead of using the camera, you can make the bg move. That way you can keep creating more bg to the right of the screen so it looks like it never ends. Of course, make sure the extra bg to the left of the screen is destroyed. Then make Sonic be positioned back at the same speed the foreground is moving to make it look like the camera's moving to the right. ( probably easier than the first method )

Of course you could make an extremely long path, but eventually you're going to reach the end of it.

Green Hill Zone Boss - That Should Be Easy :P

Advance Style Eggman - well i admit it came out.... odd... but i just didn't feel the sonic 2 'dr robotnik' didnt look right either.

is there any possible way to install a 'map loop' system - for levels and bosses (ive tried but it messed up the view position once loop had been done)

and

'if the player falls behind 'camera_min_x' (if its constantly moving forward like i want for the 'final boss' idea if the game reaches final boss stage), then is it possible for the player's x_speed to be set accordingly, so he isn't just pushed along (which looks kinda stupid)

EDIT : larkss just posted while i was in middle of typing this.

@larkss

1) Make a camera effect. When you reach the boss, the camera starts moving to the right. When it reaches a certain position, put the camera plus the boss and Sonic back to the start. This must be done cleverly though by positioning the objects just right so you don't even notice you've moved back to the beginning.

Thats what i tried, but i couldn't get the "don't even notice you've moved back to beginning" bit to work properly, and the views got slightly messed up like i said above

2) Instead of using the camera, you can make the bg move. That way you can keep creating more bg to the right of the screen so it looks like it never ends. Of course, make sure the extra bg to the left of the screen is destroyed. Then make Sonic be positioned back at the same speed the foreground is moving to make it look like the camera's moving to the right. ( probably easier than the first method )

No Do. The boss floor is a mixture of straight and 'raised' straight tiles, so this is not possible.

Of course you could make an extremely long path, but eventually you're going to reach the end of it.

Exactly, so that only leaves number 1.

No Do. The boss floor is a mixture of straight and 'raised' straight tiles, so this is not possible.

hmm, it could work if you have a pattern when the flore is straight or raised straight tiles. You could use a variable to remember what part of the pattern it's on so the game would know what piece to create. Then when the pattern is ready to loop again, set the variable to 0 for it to start over.

post all boss ideas

actually, thats what having a team is for; so they can hold down the fort when im not around.

while you work on some bosses ill be adding other characters, with tails being first.

post all boss ideas

I'll MSN Messnger mines, I want it to be a suriprise. I just hope it's not too diffuclt.

I'll MSN Messnger mines, I want it to be a suriprise. I just hope it's not too diffuclt.

lol i wanted the overall boss of mine to be secret, but it may not stay that way considering i need help with the map loop and other aspects...

I also suggested to yoshi that if he wanted ill make a 'offical sonic dash website' and ill get onto doing that if i can get my damn virtual server to work (boring old tech details : mod_rewrite and all htaccess functions are not working even thow they are activated in conf, which may cause a problem with site caching even if the no-cache header is sent)

EDIT : uninstalled and reinstalled server, still having problem :P