A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic X-treme GM8

Relax, he's only just giving personal opinion. The only thing that I can see that looks a bit off about the life icon, is that it looks a bit stretched also it does take up quite a bit of screen space. Other than that it does it's job and fits quite nicely with the rest of the game.

Anyway, I like your layouts must have taken you some time since with my experience when I was making my own Sonic Xtreme fangame, it can be quite a pain when using Game Maker's Room editor.

Also, I'm just curious, the textures are looking a bit stretched considering it's be played in 800x600. How about changing the view resolution in game maker to Sonic Xtreme's original resolution which was 640x480. Even though the window would be a bit small I'm pretty sure the textures would look much better.

Anyway, it's not looking bad at all so far. You've gave your project your own twist game play wise with the new moves and glider and what not, instead of going down the painful route of trying to accurately remaking the original game. Good luck and I can't wait to see further progress.

You're thinking really highly of yourself lol.

The water texture doesn't seem to repeat, like, I can see where one tile ends and another begins. You could try using the water effects from the adventure titles. They work really well for me. Also, I would suggest using game maker's fog effect to add more depth. Especially in that 2nd shot there.

ex. of fog effect:

IneedsaHUD.jpg

It looks pretty good so far, though. One of the best sonic extreme recreations I've seen, though I've never been that interested in xtreme.

You're thinking really highly of yourself lol.

The water texture doesn't seem to repeat, like, I can see where one tile ends and another begins. You could try using the water effects from the adventure titles. They work really well for me. Also, I would suggest using game maker's fog effect to add more depth. Especially in that 2nd shot there.

ex. of fog effect:

[qimg]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/FanGameRevolver/IneedsaHUD.jpg[/qimg]

It looks pretty good so far, though. One of the best sonic extreme recreations I've seen, though I've never been that interested in xtreme.

I know something is off with the water. I agree. I'm still working on that. I have those water textures from the adventure games and I probably will end up reverting to using one of those if I can't get it to look right.

Yeah, you'll need "seamless" textures for water. Though, just wondering why not stick to the original Xtreme textures? They're all available now and Game Maker (I think) still supports the .pcx format so no needing to convert each texture.

In fact in some point of the development of Sonic Xtreme, the lifes were only a number in the upper right corner of the screen in the PC version of course, and in the upper left corner of the screen it was a ring with some numbers being the ring hud, also it looks like the numbers of that version were or the Nights style font or some kind of Sonic Adventure-ish kind of font.

So, you can go that way and only show:

|=========================|

| Ox000 x03 |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

|=========================|

Or keep it that way but you should add a Ring art to the ring hud, and a normal Sonic head like the icon of sonic unleashed, but that's just my opinion XDD

It's hardly that big of a deal if someone gets a little cocky as long as they don't let it make them too sensitive or too caustic towards other people. That said, I think that's starting to be the case here what with remarks like: Please never compare Sonic X-treme GM8 to that game ever again, I know it is very popular and everyone has downloaded it (including me) but you are comparing a McDonalds hamburger to a babyback rib dinner.

Which I'd normally think people making a "doesn't even COMPARE" type of statement would at least go for a meal that isn't common to huge chains like Chilli's and maybe instead go for something a little more sophisticated like a lamb-heavy meal at some local out of the way Mediterranean restaurant.

Hmmmm....

First let me start by speaking on Sonic Robo Blast 2 by Sonic Team Jr. They did something that nobody ever did before. They turned a really old fps engine into a 3d platform game with great success. That in itself is remarkable! I respect that. But I do not like the game. And I don't have to. Just as nobody here has to like my game. That's my right. And in my opinion (THAT'S ONLY MY OPINION) the two games don't even compare in the least bit. Just as everyone has the right to state their opinion on what looks good and what doesn't look good in my project, I too have that right to say that.

As for my cockiness, it won't effect my project in any way and it hasn't effected my ability to take feedback, be it positive or negative.

I think sometimes we take things a little too serious on here. For instance who goes in peoples threads checking their grammar and spelling anyway? When you do things like that it says something about yourself. I'm not calling any names out on that I'm just saying, don't be a prick for no reason.

As we all know, we need a little negative feedback every now and then to keep us motivated and make our work better. This is a fact and I won't dispute that.

As for my reaction to the comparison of my game and SRB2, I was wrong for that. I am sorry, I over reacted on that one. I will try not to let things like that bother me in the future. That is an example of me taking things a little too seriously on here. Anyway I started this topic to share my creation with sonic fans, not to be smack talking. By the way, if you're checking my thread and responding to these types of silly messages, then I know you are really interested in my game!!!!

Let's keep the peace people and look for my demo soon!

Oh, don't worry, none of us really care that much.

As for how great your game is, I'll be the judge of that, for only I, the dark emperor of food critics have a refined enough palate to distinguish whether your toy ends up being a baby back rib meal or one of those fake bbq boneless rib things that you can find in the frozen foods section.

Oh, don't worry, none of us really care that much.

As for how great your game is, I'll be the judge of that, for only I, the dark emperor of food critics have a refined enough palate to distinguish whether your toy ends up being a baby back rib meal or one of those fake bbq boneless rib things that you can find in the frozen foods section.

LOL. I hear ya.

I'm not very fond of that game at all. Don't get me wrong I respect Sonic Team Jr for all of their work they put into their little project, but I always felt as though they could have done better. The decision to use the doom engine (or free doom or doom 2 or whatever it is) to make a sonic game is beyond me..... I always felt they should have used something better.

Please never compare Sonic X-treme GM8 to that game ever again, I know it is very popular and everyone has downloaded it (including me) but you are comparing a McDonalds hamburger to a babyback rib dinner.

Sonic X-treme GM8 will be the game that makes you forget about SRB2. That's my own personal little goal. Anyway I don't like talking about other peoples work or badmouthing something someone worked hard on so please no more comments on this, I feel bad for stating my opinion. And Sonic Team Jr if you ever read this, I'm sorry but we all have an opinion.

A little TOO cocky don't you think? I've always been impressed with Robo blast, and you have a ways to go before having the right to talk down on that project. Lol no Humility. Was there any reason at all to try to take a shit on their game by saying it is the equivalent to a hamburger? MAD unnecessary. What you could've said was, "I'm not a big fan of Robo Blast personally. I respect their project, but I am going to strive to make my own project even better!"

Edit: Well I've seen that you want to keep peace, but just try not to bash other people's work unnecessarily :)

What you could've said was, "I'm not a big fan of Robo Blast personally. I respect their project, but I am going to strive to make my own project even better!"

Edit: Well I've seen that you want to keep peace, but just try not to bash other people's work unnecessarily :)

Yes that was worded much much better.....

I have decided on some Bosses and I know exactly what the zones will be.

Here we go with the list now....

Zone 1

Jade Gully- 2 Acts 1 Boss

Boss: Nack The Weasel (sprites by MugenHunter)

Zone 2

Red Sands- 2 Acts (dessert and inside pyramid) 1 Boss

Boss: Surprise Cameo Character! (HINT: it's a Nintendo Boss.Yeah I know wtf?)

Zone 3 (NEW CUSTOM MADE ZONE)

Underground Hot Zone- 2 Acts 1 Boss

Boss: Shadow The Hedgehog (custom sprites by me using xtreme sonic)

Zone 4

Crystal Frost- 2 Acts 1 Boss

Boss: Robotnik in yellow machine thingy (sprites by Chris Senn)

Zone 5 (SONIC 4 INSPIRED CUSTOM ZONE)

Splash Hill Zone- 2 Acts No Boss

Boss: None

Zone 6 (NEW CUSTOM MADE ZONE)

Neo Psychedelic Zone- 1 Act 1 Boss

Boss: Metal Sonik (sprites by MugenHunter)

Zone 7 (Final Zone)

Galaxy Fortress- 1 Act 1 Boss

Boss: Robotnik

There will also be 3 Special stages

My fiancé just dumped me because I had an ex girl friend as a friend on my facebook page. (I have now deleted my facebook I never used it much anyway) She went all crazy on me and told me "I thought you didn't have anything else with her? if not then why is she on your facebook?" I told her it was nothing and I never even thought about it being a problem when I accepted the friend request I just clicked accept. I really really loved her. She was my inspiration. I don't understand why she doesn't believe me. She's not home so I can't even go to her house to find out what the hell is going on in her head. I don't understand this we were just together last night and now shes talking about she's going to give me the ring back tomorrow and she never wants to see me again. She says she's not stupid and she knows I'm lying to her. I'm not lying and yes she is fucking stupid for thinking this crap. I don't feel very good right now. I'm posting this on here because if she does what she says I'm not going to want to work on the game for a while. I'm going to need a break. This shit isn't fair I've never cheated on her and I'm not lying to her. I feel horrible.

Man, this is coming out really nicely!

My fiancé just dumped me because I had an ex girl friend as a friend on my facebook page. (I have now deleted my facebook I never used it much anyway) She went all crazy on me and told me "I thought you didn't have anything else with her? if not then why is she on your facebook?" I told her it was nothing and I never even thought about it being a problem when I accepted the friend request I just clicked accept. I really really loved her. She was my inspiration. I don't understand why she doesn't believe me. She's not home so I can't even go to her house to find out what the hell is going on in her head. I don't understand this we were just together last night and now shes talking about she's going to give me the ring back tomorrow and she never wants to see me again. She says she's not stupid and she knows I'm lying to her. I'm not lying and yes she is fucking stupid for thinking this crap. I don't feel very good right now. I'm posting this on here because if she does what she says I'm not going to want to work on the game for a while. I'm going to need a break. This shit isn't fair I've never cheated on her and I'm not lying to her. I feel horrible.

............damn.....

That sounds really fucked up man, and to think all of this over a facebook friend. Best of luck to you, for however things turn out.

X)

Jesus H Christ, is this guy for real!?

Seriously man, calm the fuck down. You've been working on this game like a nutter, quicker than I've seen anyone put something of this caliber together. The world is not waiting for Sonic Xtreme to be finished so chill out, get off your high horse and remember you're making a FAN GAME.

Now, I'm sorry to hear about your personal problems but there was no need to spill it on the forums. It sounds like you're desperate for attention which I've gotta say, you sounded like you were previous to your break-up anyway!

You could have just said, "something serious has come up and I'm afraid development will be delayed for a while". People will understand. Real life comes first. The people that want to play your game are more than willing to wait if you're dedicated to the project.

CALM DOWN AND ACT LIKE YOUR 27.

Jesus H Christ, is this guy for real!?

Seriously man, calm the fuck down. You've been working on this game like a nutter, quicker than I've seen anyone put something of this caliber together. The world is not waiting for Sonic Xtreme to be finished so chill out, get off your high horse and remember you're making a FAN GAME.

Now, I'm sorry to hear about your personal problems but there was no need to spill it on the forums. It sounds like you're desperate for attention which I've gotta say, you sounded like you were previous to your break-up anyway!

You could have just said, "something serious has come up and I'm afraid development will be delayed for a while". People will understand. Real life comes first. The people that want to play your game are more than willing to wait if you're dedicated to the project.

CALM DOWN AND ACT LIKE YOUR 27.

I'm not on a high horse and I'm not desperate for attention from anyone. I was just explaining what happened and why I won't be working on the game for a while. I'm sorry if it pissed you off to hear about what happened in my personal life. I don't even want to talk about this on the forums anyway It was just unexpected for me and the first thing I did was start typing because I was so frustrated. Have a good day.

I'm not pissed off about what happened in your personal life and I can understand that you may need a place to vent your frustration, but a Sonic forum? Seriously man; wrong time, wrong place. Think about what you're doing before you do it. Trust me, this can get you into some serious shit if you don't learn this. I know, I've been there!

Take some time off, as long as you need. Stay calm and figure out what you want to do with yourself. By the sounds of things you are in a tricky situation that could potentially be a life-changer. Don't worry, change happens.

And seriously, it's just a game! You don't owe anybody anything. You can finish this when you get the time. You need to learn to slow down, take a step back and relax. You seem like a very highly strung person so this advice could do you wonders!