A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

• 2 weeks later...

dunno if anyone posted this.

Sonic Colors "co-op" play. Actually, it looks pretty damn neat. Looks like it could be potentially more fun than the single player, in all truth.

I was expecting to see some stuff like this for Sonic 4. This almost looks like a Tech demo.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the review of this game, learning that the madworld people are doing the script, the great new Sonic voices. I'm starting to get excited about this game. ^_^ It sounds like SMG Sonic stlye. Heck even look at the whisps they look a lot like the pillow star things from SMG. They've given Sonic to new people to a certain extent and no DIMPS to fuck it up. I wish they made this for Xbox.

dunno if anyone posted this.

Sonic Colors "co-op" play. Actually, it looks pretty damn neat. Looks like it could be potentially more fun than the single player, in all truth.

I was expecting to see some stuff like this for Sonic 4. This almost looks like a Tech demo.

Holy crap, this game is actually looking decent! Co-op mode, sega I think you might have something here...

Sega probably can't remember how to code a proper movement engine for Tails. I'm not trying to sound snarky here, but I assume they're going for balance or something. Maybe just experimenting for next year's Sonic release.

wat. you copy/paste sonic and add another fucking state

wat. you copy/paste sonic and add another fucking state

Tails (not a Sonic Rivals or Sonic Heroes Tails) has no homing attack, boost, quickstep and drift (I can see Tails with drift though) so level design needs to be tweaked a little bit for him.

Tails (not a Sonic Rivals or Sonic Heroes Tails) has no homing attack, boost, quickstep and drift (I can see Tails with drift though) so level design needs to be tweaked a little bit for him.

Not at all. I can see Tails drifiting, or even doing a quickstep... They just have to be creative, like Tails using his 'tails' to get velocity for the quickstep.

Wanna go to left? Tails uses his tails to the right, etc... It can work...

And they have to remember that Tails has no boost or something. So they have to find a way to make Tails a good experience too, maybe putting some exclusive paths, or making the Whisps powers different for him.

For instance, I can't see Tails using the Spikes or Cube powers like Sonic...

So that's a problem that they need to find a way to work in.

I can see Tails drifiting, or even doing a quickstep... They just have to be creative, like Tails using his 'tails' to get velocity for the quickstep..

I can't see it myself. I only can see Tails flying through the level (or running like he does), slower than Sonic (but nottoo much) and making perfect curves (so he wouldn't have to do quicksteps or this sort of thing).

To be honest, Tails' voice is ok I guess... But at 1:02 to 1:04 I hear a bit of Sakura's (from Naruto) voice... which makes him sound girly, which is what ppl berated Amy Palant for...

Sonic's voice... sorry but im a bit disgusted... Jason is obviously the superior one in this case IMO. Roger makes sonic sound like a 30 year old trying to act like a 15 year old...

But what do you all think?

Can someone get this merged with the Colors/Colours thread? We don't need more than one thread, as this would be better off in the Colors/Colours thread. Also, thanks for posting the video.

Edit: I love Sonic's voice. Sounds a lot better than Jason Griffith and Ryan Drummond, to be honest, although voice-work is only a small portion of this game's value imo.

Edit 2: Thank you so much ila, even though I deserved the slap on the wrist.

haha goddamn that was terrible

Thats what I thot...

I mean I like roger craig smith as a voice actor, but as Sonic? Um, Im sure ther are FAR better ppl to do the job >.>

Im more of a Jason Griffith fan

What makes me laugh tho is that while sonic sounds older, ppl on youtube are syaing he sounds more like a teenager now

sonic's voice sounds like spiderman's voice and i like the voice

If he only had Spider-man's idiot and funny jokes with his stupid sarcasm...

...he wouldn't look that stupid he always is.

My sister once made me laugh while I was playing Sonic Unleashed. She said that most part of the dialogues are things like "WHO DYA THINK U R?????". lol.

EDIT: Both voices are AWESOME, besides Sonic's voice looks strange for the first time you hear. But that's nothing you can't get used to.