A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Zero Beta. Newest on first post.

Aikocho

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the way the levels are designed, I actually think Generic Garden Zone would work better as Zone 2. It might actually be neat to have a first zone that isn't themed after a grassland or beach. Buuut that's just my opinion. xD;

Aside from that, it's awesome! ^__^ Love the badnik designs, and the boss.

Crikey! Updates on this are coming out of nowhere. Nice to see commitment to your fangame, keep it up bro.

Couple of questions though:

1) Are you going to use custom sprites for Tails and Knuckles aswell? The Sonic one is bloody gorgeous and it would be cool to see the other characters drawn this way aswell.

2) Have you thought about re-adding the stage you had in the game before Sparks began work on this with you? I absolutely loved the art in that stage and the sprites were so pretty!

Really you wouldn't use SendSpace...

Give me a better uploader or file hoster and maybe I won't. Sorry about that, but I Don't have a lot of resorses for file hosting...

Crikey! Updates on this are coming out of nowhere. Nice to see commitment to your fangame, keep it up bro.

Couple of questions though:

1) Are you going to use custom sprites for Tails and Knuckles aswell? The Sonic one is bloody gorgeous and it would be cool to see the other characters drawn this way aswell.

2) Have you thought about re-adding the stage you had in the game before Sparks began work on this with you? I absolutely loved the art in that stage and the sprites were so pretty!

To answer your questions:

1) We're hoping so. I'm really glad to have a few good spriters helping us. But I'm hoping we'll get to finish all the character sprites before we finish the full game.

2) I still have the old bits and pieces. I think it's worth trying to add it again, after all the work I've put into it. Even Sparks and Lark had helped me on that zone when I first started so it's definitely worth it.

2) I still have the old bits and pieces. I think it's worth trying to add it again, after all the work I've put into it. Even Sparks and Lark had helped me on that zone when I first started so it's definitely worth it.

Good to hear. I was playing that stage a minute ago and I think it would be an incredible loss if it didn't get included; so pretty! Okay, so you'll have two Green Hill-ish type stages but this is a fan-game, why does that matter?

• 1 month later...

controlsceme_interface.png

A rather Outdated image, but this shows what is a great opportunity for all the players that use game controllers. Especially those that rumble.

But I feel it's my responsibility to announce this. We're beginning to decline in the parts of a game that really count, And that's character sprites.

A lot of time has passed due to our busy lives. Its coming to the time that most of my valued team members are going to leave this project to catch up to their own needs, And with out them, this game has a chance of stopping cold for the time being. I DO NOT intend to cancel this project for any reason. It took quite a few years for it to even make it to sage 09 when it was just me, and I didn't know very much back then...

I'm trying to say that I'm going to need some help. My spriting skills aren't advanced enough to make a good and lengthy character sprite sheet. And My programing skills alone can only go so far. If anyone has anything they can really contribute, a person to know, a place to go, or even some proof of skill, I'll be very grateful.