A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Zero Beta. Newest on first post.

Aikocho

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love working on sprites. Characters trees powerups whatever. If you want some help just tell me want you want done. I would be more than happy to help in between working on my project. Do you want your own graphics ripped or do you want custom sprites? I can do both.

[qimg]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3297/bannersxgm8.png[/qimg]

FINAL YOUTUBE PREVIEW

Proof of providence please. I.E. Proof of your work please.

Proof of providence please. I.E. Proof of your work please.

Are you serious? Yes I guess you are. Ok. Do you want me to rip something or make something custom for you? Which one do you prefer?

Edit---> nevermind I get it you want to see something I have already done. Okay give me a second.

Edit2---> Okay below is the video of a mugen stage I mad 3D bliss. I also made the character Falco I never finished him because I started working on other stuff but here it is. I was also working on super mario 666 a while back for game maker where I did a lot of sprite work with mario and his shotgun but that got lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28EojulIi4

Are you serious? Yes I guess you are. Ok. Do you want me to rip something or make something custom for you? Which one do you prefer?

Edit---> nevermind I get it you want to see something I have already done. Okay give me a second.

Edit2---> Okay below is the video of a mugen stage I mad 3D bliss. I also made the character Falco I never finished him because I started working on other stuff but here it is. I was also working on super mario 666 a while back for game maker where I did a lot of sprite work with mario and his shotgun but that got lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s28EojulIi4

Did you say M.U.G.E.N? I happen to be a fan of M.U.G.E.N.

Old beta is old. He's playing the old beta.

Try this on for size.

Sonic Zero: Remastered 2010 Demo

Ugh, I've been playing the old beta as well. This new one is brilliant! I'm glad to see you've still been working on this :) The level graphics are really nice, very original sonic 3 style, and the layout is unique enough for this to feel like a brand new sonic game. You've really made the most of the Sonic Worlds engine, this game is definitely up there with the likes of Sonic Nexus.

By the way Mckaosu, seeing as you've ignored me ;) That sprite I posted of the little turtle bot was from the original Sonic Zero.

Ugh, I've been playing the old beta as well. This new one is brilliant! I'm glad to see you've still been working on this :) The level graphics are really nice, very original sonic 3 style, and the layout is unique enough for this to feel like a brand new sonic game. You've really made the most of the Sonic Worlds engine, this game is definitely up there with the likes of Sonic Nexus.

By the way Mckaosu, seeing as you've ignored me ;) That sprite I posted of the little turtle bot was from the original Sonic Zero.

I didn't completely you. :P I just needed more time.

kukkubattlebeatle.png

@Dan: We were never trying to make a perfect clone, but just borrowing moves and abilities that we wanted for the engine. I personally never saw that situation happen before, though I think I'd prefer the control to remain ignored. I guess in the end it's up to Kaosu though.

I see you're not really asking about physics here, but you seem to be trying to clone the Sonic 3 moves perfectly so I thought I'd point out that the insta-shield is not returning control to a rolling jump as it should.

Just as lark Said, it's not a perfect clone. If it were, it would have been a ROM HACK, witch I don't even know the first thing to do when it comes to Sega/Sonic Hacking.

I LOVED your original graphics. And the new battle beatle looks perfect for the genesis style. =) Btw, is the old Sonic Zero still around anywhere? I'd love to play it again.

I remember those little bad guys with the propeller, didn't they get electric shields around them? :P Epic.

You got your own website Mckaosu?

I can see you're not making a perfect clone and I'm completely behind the change, for instance, to Knuckles' jumping height. But you also got his stalled landings after gliding near perfect. The direction you took with all the controls makes it look like that insta-shield omission was an oversight. I was just picking it up.

If it wasn't an oversight, well fair enough and call me wrong. But that would mean you deliberately took that functionality out of only that move. Both other characters can regain control with their secondary moves; Sonic was the only one who could do so without slowing down. Did you really choose to nerf Sonic's insta-shield?

I can see you're not making a perfect clone and I'm completely behind the change, for instance, to Knuckles' jumping height. But you also got his stalled landings after gliding near perfect. The direction you took with all the controls makes it look like that insta-shield omission was an oversight. I was just picking it up.

If it wasn't an oversight, well fair enough and call me wrong. But that would mean you deliberately took that functionality out of only that move. Both other characters can regain control with their secondary moves; Sonic was the only one who could do so without slowing down. Did you really choose to nerf Sonic's insta-shield?

Forgive me for asking this, but what does "Nerf" mean in that sentence?

Ether way, I'll have to converse with Lark about this, Because Even I didn't know that was possible. I really should experiment with the classic games to get a good grasp on things, For both Zero and Worlds Delta.

• 3 weeks later...