A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My new character: Rashi Nondowa

conicteam

rashinondowa2.png

Just in case you can't read it:

Likes: Music, The Beatles, anime, retrogames, Sonic the Hedgehog, candy, being babied by his mom.

Dislikes: Being told no, vegtable curries, spicy curries

Hometown: Tokyo, Japan

talents: drawing, singing, perfect pitch, guitar, strength

Bio: Rashi was your everday 3 year old boy until one day, a man named Hiroto Junaido rises up after Tokyo is hit by a flurry of meteor showers. Now he fights with his brother to stop Hiroto's quest for total domination.

Tell me how you like the character.

First, I'd resize the image down some so we can actually see what is going on haha. Two, he doesn't look 3 to me at all. If you really want to make him three I suggest going to look at some references on three year olds and try to draw based on those.

First, I'd resize the image down some so we can actually see what is going on haha. Two, he doesn't look 3 to me at all. If you really want to make him three I suggest going to look at some references on three year olds and try to draw based on those.

I'll use one of the DA thubnails or something.

And I know he looks tall, but compared to the other characters in the manga, he'll be as small as your average three year old.

EDIT: Resized it a little.

When webcomics and warcraft graphic novels are the most popular in the category... there isn't a whole lot to aspire to. So yeah, group me in with these guys from your wikipedia link:

The term "OEL Manga" has also received criticism from some quarters. According to some Western anime and manga otaku[citation needed], this word would be an oxymoron since the word "manga"—being a Japanese loanword in English use— means comics initially published in Japan. Those who prefer not to use the word "manga" to refer to non-Japanese-origin comics have proposed the term manga-influenced comics as a possible neutral term for works created outside of Japan, though this term does not inherently refer to non-Japanese comics, but simply to any comic which is influenced by manga, it would include comics produced in Japan as well, however, it is well understood that these comics would be manga by definition.[10] Megatokyo, which is scheduled to be published by the largest manga producer Kodansha, is still referenced as a "manga-influenced comic".[11]

Manga is japanese for Comic anyway, why do you people even care. Its still pictures and text bubbles no matter which way you spin it. Anyway, this is great. The moment i saw you flip the name around to make it Japanese i just knew i had to keep reading.

And 3 years old? Seriously? 3 year olds can barely hold meaningful conversations and, according to psychologists, apparently aren't even developed enough to do algebra. I see what you're aiming for, but i think you ment to say 7 years old, or maybe 10. 3 is retarded, unless you're aiming for something like Dexter's Laboratory, but nothing in that show made much sense anyway. Your whole story must be comical if a 3 year old is kicking everyone's ass.

Manga is japanese for Comic anyway, why do you people even care. Its still pictures and text bubbles no matter which way you spin it. Anyway, this is great. The moment i saw you flip the name around to make it Japanese i just knew i had to keep reading.

And 3 years old? Seriously? 3 year olds can barely hold meaningful conversations and, according to psychologists, apparently aren't even developed enough to do algebra. I see what you're aiming for, but i think you ment to say 7 years old, or maybe 10. 3 is retarded, unless you're aiming for something like Dexter's Laboratory, but nothing in that show made much sense anyway. Your whole story must be comical if a 3 year old is kicking everyone's ass.

1. I say tht manga is a style of comic art.

2. This is sort of a mix between Gundam and the original Dragon Ball, with elements of other anime/manga's stuck in it.

I'll use one of the DA thubnails or something.

And I know he looks tall, but compared to the other characters in the manga, he'll be as small as your average three year old.

EDIT: Resized it a little.

Height wasn't even mainly what I meant. Its his body proportions, he doesn't have the body of a three year old to begin with.

http://www.idrawdigital.com/2009/01/drawing-the-human-form-proportions-from-child-to-adult/

Might not be the best example, it was the first one I ended up finding on google via a simple search, but I think it gets the point across in any case.

I'm not going to get all up in your face though on your idea. I mean, sometimes an idea can start out as something that may appear odd but its what you put behind it that makes it work. But in this case my issue is more with the artwork itself. I just think you need to not rely on anime/manga so much and learn the foundations of how to draw a person first before you start drawing a three year old character that can do like a zillion things in a manga style. I mean, once you have the basics and tried to exaggerate it again, it would probably look better. Nothing has to be 100% like real life after all.

I also agree with the people talking about the whole manga/comic deal. I'm working on a graphic novel/webcomic (it will be both on the internet and in print eventually) but I'd not call it a manga. It definitely takes influence from the manga style however.

I hope that helps, I'm not trying to be a dick by doing this, you took the time to post it here so I'm going to take the time to give you feedback.

• Like 1

I know the fundementals of drawing a person. I realize that his legs are a little long, but that will be fixed by the time I make the manga/comic (for people who want to be too literal). The reason it might look off balance or one arm is longer than the other is because of the way my neck is. My neck isn't straight, so it reflects on my drawings. Thus, the characters don't look balanced or even. I will post the bext drawing of him here once I post it on DA so you can compare. What I rwally want you guys to focus on until then is the character traits of him.

Okay, its like talking to a brick wall here. I'm not even going to bother much anymore with this - the fact is that he doesn't have the body of a three year old.

Also, Ristar, while I have not seen that movie in full, I have seen enough clips on youtube to know that that is the greatest movie of all time haha. A friend told me about it about a year and a half ago and yeah...its amazing.

I can relate to this character. I fucking hate bullies too!

And vegetable curries....where the shit's the meat?

Although, to be quite honest, I really don't his first name is an accurate reflection of the character design. I mean, he has a shirt on, for heaven's sakes!