A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My new character: Rashi Nondowa

conicteam

I can relate to this character. I fucking hate bullies too!

And vegetable curries....where the shit's the meat?

Although, to be quite honest, I really don't his first name is an accurate reflection of the character design. I mean, he has a shirt on, for heaven's sakes!

Elaborate please, because I'm not too sure if I should keep that as his name or not.

I say we dub that a Conicism.

Edit: Oh, also, my inside sources have snagged a preview panel from this Manga guys!

PAGE11ONEONEONEON1.png

the things I do when I should be doing homework lolol. Well that was a good five minute diversion

I have no idea what Nondowa means, but it really sounds like an awkward Japanese name.

I was thinking the same thing, and after googling around, it's not even a real Japanese name. He just slapped some Japanese sounds together.

I was thinking the same thing, and after googling around, it's not even a real Japanese name. He just slapped some Japanese sounds together.

Yes and no. I know Nondowa means "drinking water" according to google translate, so I might change it, but four lads that I created have sort of the same style of name as Rashi (cept the last one):

Reruka Kashari

Yusari Makashi

Sanshiro Hikari

Ringo Sakamashi

EDIt: BTW Rashi actually means seems or appears like

EDIt: BTW Rashi actually means seems or appears like

When attached to the end of a word. By itself, it's meaningless. Look, just because you like anime doesn't mean you have to bastardize the Japanese language and have your "manga" set in Japan. The reason most manga is set there isn't because it's some godly, cool place. It's because the artists live there and they relate to it. Do something you relate to. Don't just be a sheep and do it just because manga does it.

What has this come to? This started off just giving me some criticism on my character design, which I didn't mind, but now it's criticizing my motives as well? People, I rather have it set in modern Japan with a decent economy and a bright ruler than have it here in Virginia with all the redneck stereotypes and a liberal president!

What has this come to? This started off just giving me some criticism on my character design, which I didn't mind, but now it's criticizing my motives as well? People, I rather have it set in modern Japan with a decent economy and a bright ruler than have it here in Virginia with all the redneck stereotypes and a liberal president!

Yeah, you totally live in Japan. You've experienced it, huh? No, all you know, you've learned from anime.

It's attitudes like this that cause unappealing material to rise in the media. You want to do a comic in Japan based on an idealized setting that appeals to you created by Animes, which in reality, bears little resemblance to what you're believing.

Also called Did Not Do the Research

It's like if I made a comic with a setting in New York, it wouldn't make much sense because I've never even experienced it, despite seeing it in the media all the time. However, I'd be much more prepared to make a comic set in New Orleans or something.

When attached to the end of a word. By itself, it's meaningless. Look, just because you like anime doesn't mean you have to bastardize the Japanese language and have your "manga" set in Japan. The reason most manga is set there isn't because it's some godly, cool place. It's because the artists live there and they relate to it. Do something you relate to. Don't just be a sheep and do it just because manga does it.

Word, son. This is golden. I'm just going to ignore the bit about rednecks and our president though. Obvious reasons.