A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon Black and White

As long as I don't have to be the god awful male character they make for the next ones. Seriously, I haven't played a male in Pokemon since the first game, because they've all looked really retarded.

They should at least let me be a fucking bug catcher or some shit!

As long as I don't have to be the god awful male character they make for the next ones. Seriously, I haven't played a male in Pokemon since the first game, because they've all looked really retarded.

They should at least let me be a fucking bug catcher or some shit!

Just admit you like being a little girl :awink:

Well they had the customizing feature is Battle Revolution, I don't see why they couldn't have it in the hand held games. If not for the fun factor, the extra clothing could be used to counter weather hazards and such. You know, not just having some invisible shoes that can make you run. Maybe some shoes that you can walk through the snow with. (That snow in the mountains was not cool, yo.)

• 10 months later...

They're fresh games, no old pokemon included till you beat them. I actually got white, I hate the legendary on the cover of black, it looks like a furry's wet dream, absolutely stupid looking.

Started out with tepig, he will grow into a beast wrestler, his name is hogan :3.

Also, the sped up battle systems, the pokemon animations, and a few other neat things come together to make this a really nice experience.

I'm enjoying the game so far. It's like I'm playing Blue version for the first time; having all new Pokemon with none of the other 496 or whatever makes the game a lot more manageable.

But, what I really like is the fact that I'm at the second gym and I already have a varied team. In the older games, you had your starter, a bird, a bug, and whatever generic normal-type.

That all said, it's still a Pokemon game, nothing series-changing has really happened. If you're not sure, wait until you can buy it used or get a good rom.

Bah all the starters suck this generation, I don't even have mine in my party anymore.

My current party that I'm grinding up to deal with the elite 4:

Krookodile, Archeops, Chandelure, Gurdurr, Cofagrigus, Escavalier

Archeops and Chandelure are the best. Few things seem to actually hit Chandelure, and Archeops is lightning fast and is rarely ever beaten to attacking first.

edit: The TMs being infinite use is the BEST change ever

Just beat Lady Gaga or whatever her actual name is. This freaking electric horse is so awesome, and I love the rock version of Paras. Looking forward to getting an electric tarantula later.

It gets like a mace for a tail. So does the fire pig wrestler.

I tell you what though...the non-poisonous Oddish has been kicking ass in the redneck's gym.

• 2 weeks later...